What's the different about H202 or peroxide or OXY cleaner?

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
Hi guys ,I just search the forum for how to remove the pets vomit.People always say the 3 chemicals. Sorry,I am newbie.Does the 3 is the same thing or different? are the chemical just raw materials that need dilution? or sort of brand of chemical ,please tell me

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
For me it all depends on

Fiber type (identification)

Very important!

If full synthetic

Scrape or remove as much chunk or solids

Vacuum (if possible)

Apply mild oxidizer, agitate
apply enzyme pre spray
agitate

rinse with acid rinse

dry

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

pmathot

Jun 7, 2011
Penrith, Lower Blue Mountains - Sydney, Australia
www.mightyclean.com.au
Real Name
Phil Mathot
Business Location
Australia
H2O2 is the chemical formula for hydrogen peroxide.

Oxy Cleaner is typically sodium percarbonate.

Both products, will break down and release oxygen as a biproduct which helps to sterilise, remove coloured stains, treat odor, brighten textiles etc.

Typically hydrogen peroxide will come as a stabilized liquid, which can be destabilized with an alkaline or heat.

Sodium percarbonate is typically granulated, and requires dissolving in heated waster where by oxygen and sodium carbonate (which is alkaline), is released.

I like to use hydrogen peroxide for specific stain treatment (heat transfers), etc and urine treatment because I can control the exact percentage of oxygen - calibrating it for the type of fibre I’m dealing with, etc.

Sodium percarbonate is good as a prespray additive or booster, is much safer to carry around, is stable etc.

I hope that helps.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Hi guys ,I just search the forum for how to remove the pets vomit.People always say the 3 chemicals. Sorry,I am newbie.Does the 3 is the same thing or different? are the chemical just raw materials that need dilution? or sort of brand of chemical ,please tell me
All 3 clean (or actually make the stain invisible by removing color) by the release of oxygen.

H2O2 is the chemical name for hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide comes in many strengths being diluted with distilled water. Ranges from 3% in little brown bottles in the drug store, to 40% at beauty supply shop used to remove color from hair. Anything above 40% is consider explosive or rocket fuel and requires special permits, so is not available to the general public.

The stronger formulas can be dangerous to your skin and can damage many fibers.

Hydrogen peroxide also has a very short shelf life. It breaks down even faster when exposed to sunlight or heat.

Oxidizing cleaner is a more general term for any cleaner that works by releasing oxygen. It may include hydrogen peroxide, sodium perborate, sodium percarbonate, etc. They may also contain stabilizers to make the hydrogen peroxide last longer and surfactants that help the liquid ingredients to penetrate the fiber faster and more completely.

You would benefit from an IICRC Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT) class that teaches the basic chemistry. You can find a schedule of those classes (and others) here: https://www.cvent.com/c/calendar/ab53c6cb-fee0-44a6-a384-c51a2a4b32c0

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
H2O2 is the chemical formula for hydrogen peroxide.

Oxy Cleaner is typically sodium percarbonate.

Both products, will break down and release oxygen as a biproduct which helps to sterilise, remove coloured stains, treat odor, brighten textiles etc.

Typically hydrogen peroxide will come as a stabilized liquid, which can be destabilized with an alkaline or heat.

Sodium percarbonate is typically granulated, and requires dissolving in heated waster where by oxygen and sodium carbonate (which is alkaline), is released.

I like to use hydrogen peroxide for specific stain treatment (heat transfers), etc and urine treatment because I can control the exact percentage of oxygen - calibrating it for the type of fibre I’m dealing with, etc.

Sodium percarbonate is good as a prespray additive or booster, is much safer to carry around, is stable etc.

I hope that helps.
Thanks master,where to buy peroxide? from JonDon store or pharmacy?which brand is better. I just buy one all purpose peroxide sprayer to try.And a question ,if I use peroxide to remove vomit stain prespary,can only use acidic shampoo to rinse? I use truckmount and usually use alkaline detergents

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Peroxides designed for this industry may have stabilizers or surfactants built into them to improve their performance. Conversely, peroxides made for other industries (like hair salons) will not have these beneficial additions, and may even have additions that are not only not helpful, but may impede performance.

With that in mind, a lot of guys get their "40-v" from the beauty salon and swear by it. I wonder if they'd see even better results if they used a mixture that's designed for carpet, not for hair...

nbaabc1234

Jan 25, 2019
Real Name
NICK
All 3 clean (or actually make the stain invisible by removing color) by the release of oxygen.

H2O2 is the chemical name for hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide comes in many strengths being diluted with distilled water. Ranges from 3% in little brown bottles in the drug store, to 40% at beauty supply shop used to remove color from hair. Anything above 40% is consider explosive or rocket fuel and requires special permits, so is not available to the general public.

Hydrogen peroxide also has a very short shelf life. It breaks down even faster when exposed to sunlight or heat.

Oxidizing cleaner is a more general term for any cleaner that works by releasing oxygen. It may include hydrogen peroxide, sodium perborate, sodium percarbonate, etc. They may also contain stabilizers to make the hydrogen peroxide last longer and surfactants that help the liquid ingredients to penetrate the fiber faster and more completely.

You would benefit from an IICRC Carpet Cleaning Technician (CCT) class that teaches the basic chemistry. You can find a schedule of those classes (and others) here: https://www.cvent.com/c/calendar/ab53c6cb-fee0-44a6-a384-c51a2a4b32c0
[/Q

Scotte,thank your explanation ,I will join the course