Whats the best way to get crime scene cleanup referrals? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Whats the best way to get crime scene cleanup referrals?

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Is it like restoration jobs where the insurance companies make the connection?

Or would it be more of the authorities like the police or CSI?

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
Former company we would get them thru Ins, since starting my own CC company I have had one suicide clean up at landlords request.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
Do you really want to get into that Torrey? or just curious

I met a guy a while back who told me he had to clean some brains and blood from the floor after a suicide.

I would think about it

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
It pays well, you get used to it & it's interesting

Decker

Jan 3, 2011
TX
deckerscarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Mike Decker
Business Location
United States
I would think a combination of insurance, police/ems, apartment managers, and web placement. I got one call about an accidental gun shot death to clean up. It was from a private citizen who searched internet for carpet clean and repair.

edit: I agree with Jeff, no way I'm doing that work. But my wife would...

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
Do you really want to get into that Torrey? or just curious

I met a guy a while back who told me he had to clean some brains and blood from the floor after a suicide.

I would think about it
There is class in Phoenix that teaches how to do the work. It has a hands on building, they use with pigs blood to clean up. They also cover avenues of how to market.
I would try something like that to see if I had the stomach to do that type of work.

lalit34

Dec 7, 2012
Real Name
Lalit Kumar
If you or someone interested for crime scene clean up . you know has been the victim of crime or have experienced a traumatic event such as suicide. There is so much to do and to process, including mountains of paperwork and support of family. There is the responsibility of cleaning up the crime scene. Most people are unaware that arraigning for crime and trauma scene cleanup falls on landlords.Crime and trauma scene cleanup work is best and most insurance policies will cover our services.If you need crime scene clean-up guidance then visit the website..

Crime Scene Cleanup in Colorado

Drew-who

Jan 15, 2013
Real Name
Andrew holland
Police are the best source of those refferals. A small gift for the refferal really helps. They cant accept money but usually a gift in the $100 range Insures more will come. Also dont forget the medical examiner. Thats a gold mine.

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
Become a gang member so you know where the crimes are before they happen.

mrcarpet

Dec 6, 2009
Columbia, MO
www.maxcaremark.com
Real Name
Rob Decker
Business Location
United States
It pays well, you get used to it & it's interesting
I find myself continually amazed at what humans (or any organism, for that matter) can "get used to".
Conditioning is a very powerful tool.

Torrey-- I know a Crime Scene Guy in Bozeman, Montana. He can probably answer these questions for you. I can hook him up with you. PM me your email.

Stephen Knox

Jan 17, 2013
Real Name
Stephen Knox
Our company does not offer this service, but I have a referral partner that does all that stuff. He said that his best resources are: police sheriffs, medical examiners, insurance adjusters.

Chuck Shew

Jan 12, 2013
Lebanon, TN
Real Name
Chuck Shew
I worked for a company that built Mobile Command Centers, Bomb Truck, HAZMAT, etc. The very first thing I bid for us to build was a trailer used to do on site autopsy's. They are called Mass Casualty Units. Their purpose was in the event of something like a bomb attack they could examine the bodies right away to figure what was used to make the bomb and then they could spread the word about what chemicals to look for. Very interesting but the description of the unit was very creepy. The examination tables had a ledge all around them to capture the blood which would drain into a blood trough which would be pumped to the outside wall for draining.
Anyway I think the best way to get started would be to approach the city, to work for them you would have to place bids for your services. You could develop a relationship with them to start. You have to think if your were in the situation that you would need this service what would you do. I'd call the police and ask who they use, I would call the local carpet stores for advice, I might even ask hospitals because there is a good chance you might be at one with a death in the family.
Good Luck to everyone else that's one area I'll never try to get into.
Chuck

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
I used to get a lot of work from referrals from BFI Stericycle. They collect bio waste from hospitals and labs mostly. I would use them to collect my bio boxes and sharps containers. You can try police, but in my area they wont refer. If you screw up they look bad so they stay out of it for the most part.

mary

Feb 17, 2012
Real Name
Mary jonson
Business Location
United States
I think the best way is have someone from police department as they can refer anyone for cleaning the scenes as many people will not object their referalls. Many of my friends are doing so by contacting police. I hopw this would be more easy and helpful.

Sep 11, 2013
Real Name
Bio Cleanse Pty Ltd
Police and Ambulance are always the first to be at a crime/accident scene but they do not do the clean-up...
You need a Bio-Hazard company to do the clean-up
Bio Cleanse Pty Ltd, http://bio-cleanse.com.au/ is a Bio hazard clean up company based in Goulburn Australia

Latest posts