Whats the best portable Extractor with high Lift power and CFM

JRH

Mar 16, 2011
Real Name
jr h
Business Location
Ireland {Republic}
It doesn't have a ball float assembly. Just a 1 1/2" angled and then straight stand pipe with a screen and filter at the top. There are 2 float switches attached to the stand pipe.
dunno , could be something odd like a motor gasket sucked into motor , go through it all systematially

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I have a new 1005 LX. It makes a very annoying high pitched sound when the vac motors are running. I don't hear or feel the extraction power when the wand head is on the carpet ( mytee 8300EZ wand, Westpak 10-0530 wand. It does seem to get decent recovery, but I don't think it is anything much different then my older 1005DX. The standpipe in the recovery tank is 1 1/2" with a screen and foam filter at the top. Don't know if this has anything to do with the high pitched sound. I don't feel that I'm getting the proper suction. I like to hear and feel the suction when the wand is on the carpet, so it gives me an idea that the machine is extracting properly.
Make sure that you don't have any air leaks that can cause a whistle noise if it's a motor whine or bearing in the motor
The other thing is The nut could have came loose on the impeller causing it to slip on the motor hub

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I would go through and check to make sure that all fasteners on the vacuum system are tight and everything looks spot on. Shipping can be tough on anything. I definitely wouldn't go jump a brand new bicycle somebody else put together before I personally checked every bolt... but I'm funny about things.

Robert1958

Feb 19, 2015
Real Name
Robert Brown
was the noise started later or from day one
Been like this from day one. Mytee has great technical support. They sent me one new motor, and have tried to work with me as much as possible, without seeing it in person. I am lining it up to take to a service center. 3 hours away, but I need to make sure 100 percent that it doesn't have an issue.

Robert1958

Feb 19, 2015
Real Name
Robert Brown
Make sure that you don't have any air leaks that can cause a whistle noise if it's a motor whine or bearing in the motor
The other thing is The nut could have came loose on the impeller causing it to slip on the motor hub
Finally found a place to take it to check for all that. 3 hours away, but I need to find out for sure.

Robert1958

Feb 19, 2015
Real Name
Robert Brown
Just in case anyone that has one of the newer model Mytees, and you don't like the 10" treaded wheels, or having air shoot out straight from exhaust port. I put 12" smooth foam filled wheels and 5" locking casters on the machine. Much better for going up and down steps, and much easier to wipe debris off of. Used one of the vinyl starter cufflynx and attached a rubber elbow to it so the air shoots downward at the exhaust port now. Found a purpose for the vinyl cufflynx, since after just a little use they seem to just pull apart with just a little tension on them.

Reactions: Fedri

Nathan - JBM

Jul 30, 2018
Real Name
Nathan Leslie
I noticed a whistle in my Mytee Escape when I turn my vac motors off. I didn’t notice vacuum loss, but do you think it is s leak?