What's the best edge tool these days ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What's the best edge tool these days ?

mr.cleansalot

Jun 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Real Name
fisher james
Business Location
United States
I'm a vet to tile and carpet even a while since I've been on tmf but learned 95 percent of what I know on this forum .

I'm looking into buy grout cleaning edge tool. I have both old and new geckos I have the new counter tops tool for gecko but want to know if I should just get tue new edge tool or if theres something new out there other then that .
I went back to a job to seal today and my Gm was still on the edges .

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I'm a vet to tile and carpet even a while since I've been on tmf but learned 95 percent of what I know on this forum .

I'm looking into buy grout cleaning edge tool. I have both old and new geckos I have the new counter tops tool for gecko but want to know if I should just get tue new edge tool or if theres something new out there other then that .
I went back to a job to seal today and my Gm was still on the edges .
You went back to seal?

I do only T&G and clean / seal same day.

To answer your question, I use a hand held grout brush and prescrub the ends of the grout lines next to cabinets and baseboards before using my turbo spinner.
Then I tilt the spinner to power rinse the edges and finish with a microfiber flat mop.

Flat mop the floor right away and put a fan on the area.

By the time your done and packed up the grout is dry enough to seal right away as long as you use a high quality solvent sealer.

mr.cleansalot

Jun 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Real Name
fisher james
Business Location
United States
We went back to pull and reset a tile and repair some grout .
Then went back to color seal the grout its was a nightmare but we got it done happy customer . She ended up finding a 25 year old tile at habitat for humanity thrift store beleave it or not .this might help those that do tile repair .