What's the best class of clients for carpet cleaners? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What's the best class of clients for carpet cleaners?

Ideal class of customers for carpet cleaners?

• Upper Class

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • New Money

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Middle Class

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Working Class

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Working Poor

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Poverty Level

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Out of the 6 classes of society, which one is ideal to your cleaning business and why? (Upper and New Money Class often called High End clients by carpet cleaners)

1) Upper Class - 1% population-Old or inherited money

2) New Money - 15% population-Athletes, celebrities & business people

3) Middle Class - 34% population-White Collar professionals, lawyers, Dr's & managers

4) Working Class - 30% population-Blue Collar Vocational & college educated, Police, tradesmen & truck drivers etc

5) Working Poor Class - 20% population-Low education, unskilled often working 2 min wage jobs

6) Poverty Class - 10% population-Lives off the govt- Disabled and or entitlement receivers living off system

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I think there answer is “every class”

Will any one cleaner serve every class? Possibly but not likely. I say there are different classes of cleaners for different classes of customers. You are not going to see a multi-million dollar homeowner calling the number they saw on the street pole for $8 per room.

I look at my group of carpet cleaner friends here in Vegas, one of us does one or two high end jobs per day with an invoice average around $500. I guess his clientele would consist of group 1 and group 2 from your pole.

Another of us does 3-4 jobs a day with an invoice average of $250. His clients are made up of group 3 and group 4 from your pole.

The other does over 15-20 jobs a day with 3 trucks averaging $120 per invoice. His clients are made up of groups 3,4,5,and 6.

Who is making more money (profit)? It’s hard to say but I will say all 3 of us are making enough to live comfortably.

Reactions: WtWalker

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I think there answer is “every class”

Will any one cleaner serve every class? Possibly but not likely. I say there are different classes of cleaners for different classes of customers. You are not going to see a multi-million dollar homeowner calling the number they saw on the street pole for $8 per room.

I look at my group of carpet cleaner friends here in Vegas, one of us does one or two high end jobs per day with an invoice average around $500. I guess his clientele would consist of group 1 and group 2 from your pole.

Another of us does 3-4 jobs a day with an invoice average of $250. His clients are made up of group 3 and group 4 from your pole.

The other does over 15-20 jobs a day with 3 trucks averaging $120 per invoice. His clients are made up of groups 3,4,5,and 6.

Who is making more money (profit)? It’s hard to say but I will say all 3 of us are making enough to live comfortably.
Hate to say it but does 5 and 6 even pay for carpet cleaning?

And I never really thought about it but are these really the 6 main classes here in good ol’ Merica

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Hate to say it but does 5 and 6 even pay for carpet cleaning?

And I never really thought about it but are these really the 6 main classes here in good ol’ Merica
I’ve done work for “5” and “6” a few times.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Old money before new money, but middle class are my favorite. They are accommodating and I think sincerely tip the best. Without question middle class have cancelled on me the least at the last minute. High end big ticket customers have knocked more big holes in my schedule and pocket the most over the years, cancelling last minute... up to 30 minutes from the appointment time. They get scheduled 2-3 weeks out even if I could do it within a day or two and I don't care if I get the job when rescheduling. If you don't value my time, I don't value yours. Sales are like sleep, once that time is gone you don't ever get it back.

Touchpoint Pro

Jul 15, 2019
Irvine, CA
Real Name
Jesse Marcks
Business Location
United States
Sorry for the shamless plug, but I can target potential clients by radius from your shop as well as household income. I've been experimenting with a new marketing product that's been doing pretty well for my Residential carpet cleaners. :)