What's longest you'll wait for your client

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
You called and got no answer? Give them the benefit of the doubt they forgot. But if no call back in 10 minutes move on. Cable guy or any service for that matter gives you a window of 2 to 3 hours. What happens if your not there to answer? They attempt to call you and if no answer they roll. Like you and I they have a schedule to keep. Next step would be to see if next job will be ready for you early due to customer no show.

Reactions: agrantnz

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The longest i waited was 45 minutes to an hour. But...they answered the phone. They forgot to leave the key in their hiding spot before leaving for work. This happens alot. Or they left a lazy azz video gaming kid home to answer the door. And hes sound asleep on top floor. So parent has to run home to let me in. But I would not have waited if no one answered the phone.

RAW Prespray

Preferred Vendor
Sep 29, 2011
La Porte, IN
www.evercleantn.com
Real Name
Brandon B
Business Location
United States
How long will you wait for your client?

It's a little more understanding if they call you or you call them and they say sorry I'm running late but what if you call them and they don't even answer
We use appointment quest, which sends two reminder emails a few days before so they don't forget about the appointment. $20 a month is money well spent. Let me know if you need a hand setting it up.

Each email our customers get has our disclaimer linked plus a notice of $140 cancellation fee if not cancelled within 24 hours. It's really a paper tiger, but I rarely have a short notice cancellations. Truly great software.

RAW Prespray

Preferred Vendor
Sep 29, 2011
La Porte, IN
www.evercleantn.com
Real Name
Brandon B
Business Location
United States
Ever collect a cancellation fee?
Yes, I'd say we collect 2 out of 3 cancellations. The $140 is credited back to the customer if/when they reschedule within two weeks so they're not losing anything.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
How long will you wait for your client?

It's a little more understanding if they call you or you call them and they say sorry I'm running late but what if you call them and they don't even answer
It's good habit to confirm an appointment. Usually is done via email, text massage or by phone on eve of services .My customers have luxury of one hour window, I send text 30 minutes prior my arrival, followed by phone call if response on text message is not received. In event that there is no one to pick up the phone, my van is in no go mode. No driving , no waiting, no problems. To the next one........