What's is your minimum charge? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What's is your minimum charge?

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I have had a few calls recently that just want one bedroom cleaned or one living room cleaned. I would normally charge $25-$40 on each room depending on size if I am doing multiple rooms. But what do you charge to drive, set up, and clean one room? Is $59 too much to charge for one room or is that to cheap?

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
I have had a few calls recently that just want one bedroom cleaned or one living room cleaned. I would normally charge $25-$40 on each room depending on size if I am doing multiple rooms. But what do you charge to drive, set up, and clean one room? Is $59 too much to charge for one room or is that to cheap?
I dont do one room unless they got at least a hundred to spend...Your cost to get in the van and go do the job is between 40 and 60 dollars....maybe even higher for some guys...

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
After all the phone calls I got asking for a single room I think I have had about 1 client actually pay the hundred... Some will even wait till you get their and try to haggle you...pisses me off every time...

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
My minimum charge is $180-$220 for UP to 3 average size and soiled rooms ( total 500 sq max).
We won't even entertain setting up for a one room job for anything less. We will however include carpet protector or clean an armchair to give them their biggest bang for their buck on that one roomer.
Can't remember the last time we did a minimum job ... I think it was back in August.
Ran a $409 job average in September ( did 42 jobs)

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
This seems to be a once a year question:
2008 - Whats Your minimum charge to go out?
2010 - What is your minimum trip charge?
2011 - What's your minimum service charge?? How much do you charge for fuel?
2012 - How to determine your minimum charge
2013 - What's Your Minimum Charge?
2014 - Minimum charges?
2015 - Minimum charges

The beauty of this is you can see how some company prices have changed over the years. For us minimum service does depend on location and whether they're a repeat client. We have a client that refuses to pay minimum price for her two rooms of carpet cleaning. She always schedules a neighbor's carpet to be cleaned and will ask us to drop by once we're done. Since usually her neighbors are in the $300 range we charge her $65 to clean to rooms. One to two rooms will generally cost $105 - $115 if they are near us. $135 - $145 if they aren't.

Hope the above list helps.

Tiffany

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States

$99...no exceptions...I don't do many of them either.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Wow I guess I am way to cheap!! As much as I don't want to do just one room, it's a chance I will get a referral from that one room job. But I have debate $99 minimum which if it's close, I think that a fair price. If I was 100% established, I would be entertaining the $99 or more minimum.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Wow I guess I am way to cheap!! As much as I don't want to do just one room, it's a chance I will get a referral from that one room job. But I have debate $99 minimum which if it's close, I think that a fair price. If I was 100% established, I would be entertaining the $99 or more minimum.
I'm 23 years in business. For the first five years I took it all on big or small.
My min charge back in 1992 was $35 for 2 rooms and hallway plus a free armchair. I also had a beat up van and Ninja porty.
Do what it takes to make money and establish a solid client base.
Lots of factors when establishing min charge ( cost of doing business).
I take my total expenses ( salary /drawings included in the month and factor my cost from that.
I know what I NEED to stay in business.
Some guys have less overhead and can charge less and still profit.
Yup.... never know what that one roomer can lead to!

Reactions: mexiclean

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
My minimum is 85. Even if it it's just 1 rm. First, it keeps me out of the ghetto. Second it makes it worth my time and effort. Third, I refuse to allow idiot customers to believe carpet cleaners are the same price as a rug doctor

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Good point! Except where I live there is no ghetto! Haha but I totally agree with it making it worth your time.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
130 here......I went from 120 to 150 for new customers earlier in the spring but it wasn't the right time for me and I ended up losing too many jobs over the phone. I don't have a problem getting a 150 minimum if I look at the job first but over the phone it was more difficult on smaller jobs.

Joey J.

Jun 18, 2008
Fl
$99 for one room here and $30 per room after the first. I do a fair number of 1 room jobs (probably one or 2 a week) and don't really catch a lot of grief about the price. Might be a sign it's time to go up again.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I have a floating minimum based on distance and set up.
As low as $100 for my home town. As high as $500 for outlying areas.
Really depends on the amount of time required to complete the job.

I'd strongly suggest considering the overall time required. That includes of course, drive time.

Reactions: MPR

BDCC

Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
Josh Wood
Business Location
United States

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
Within city limits $100 and I do many one roomers at that price. Usually some piss involved so there you go. I will add whatever I can but most are fine with it. Depends on quality of calls. Every now and then I get one that is like Oh hell no. I even get those closed sometimes but only if I feel like talking.

Got a call for One chair this woman found on the side of the road. It was 2 blocks from my Monday hotel so I said your in luck I will waive my minimum and clean it for $75. OMG this women bugged the shit out of me about price . She jokingly ask if I was gonna rob her and if I was for real. Then ask how much it would normally cost. I said about $55 she says well you can do it for that, Im a single mother of 4 and really broke and really a good person come on. I said I would not be able to help her. She said fine ok. So we get there and she is driving a brand new car, kids look well dressed She looks like a slut though. And goofy as hell. She tries again for cheaper price before I start. I said again no maam I do not have to clean this chair today. We are here for $75 and I need it up front. Starting to piss me off by then. Then again with the begging. I started walking to the truck. And she says ok again. So we cleaned it while she took her kids to soccer. And I didn't want to leave with the garage door open . It looked like rain. She comes back and ask if we are "gonna take the water off now" The chair was damp of course from cleaning. I was just at a loss for words. She said it looked got but could not believe we made a whole $75 in 30 minutes. WOW. I said if you think I made $75 you are wrong. I pointed at tech and said you think he is working for free? I said I just used $20,000 equipment on your chair.
Oh and the check was her parents. Ph number was on it. So I called it to verify. Had a garage full of toys and new bikes just laying on top of each other. I wanted to say man you get all this stuff at Goodwill!!! WOW. Oh you bought it . Hum that must be hard for a person soooo broke.

My point is I would have rather stuck to my minimum as I usually do than dealt with this bar hopping baby machine. I still can do this for NORMAL people but if they haggle more than once or sound goofy. I am doubling price.

Ray Thomas

Oct 6, 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
Real Name
Ray Thomas
$75. will go up in $25 increments as business (hopefully!) gets going.
Todd told me to say something like, "yes it is $45 for one room, but my minimum charge is $75. so you may hire me for $75 worth of work or you may certainly pay the $75 for one room.

If too high still, and I'm slow as usual, I will call and follow up 3 times. on the 4th time I will offer to work with them. I'm hungry and want the experience and maybe even a referral or review out of it.

2 things:
1. this practice will change as my business grows
2. most people who hire me for $75 for work realize that most of my services add up more than $75.
i.e.: $45 for one room. $65 for a love seat =$110. so $110 for both or $75 for the single room?

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

Ray Thomas

Oct 6, 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
Real Name
Ray Thomas
$75. will go up in $25 increments as business (hopefully!) gets going.
Todd told me to say something like, "yes it is $45 for one room, but my minimum charge is $75. so you may hire me for $75 worth of work or you may certainly pay the $75 for one room.

If too high still, and I'm slow as usual, I will call and follow up 3 times. on the 4th time I will offer to work with them. I'm hungry and want the experience and maybe even a referral or review out of it.

2 things:
1. this practice will change as my business grows
2. most people who hire me for $75 for work realize that most of my services add up more than $75.
i.e.: $45 for one room. $65 for a love seat =$110. so $110 for both or $75 for the single room?
Also this is within city limits..