What's best wand for a portable carpet cleaning extractor??

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Rob I am not wand or jet expert; But I go for a wand that is middle ground. High enough to harness my pumps pressure capability but also utilize the pumps h2o flow capability. Also I look for jet patterns that can cover the entire width of the wand to carpet contact point. So far the Samco 2 jet wand that steambrite sent me at the recommendation of Ken Ware has worked out fine for me...

So Ed has a point; But I do wish I had the resources to test tiscriteria you are asking for. The optimum pressure and flow is what I see your after. I bet Duane Oxley should chime in on this one. From his post in the past on this subject he seemed way more in depth with specs and flow .
Could you tell us your pump size and your jet sizes Rickie?

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
These are exactly the points that led me to start this thread. So what are the different size pumps and what is the optimal jet sizing for them?
Jets should match 2 things- The vacuum power to remove the water you put into the carpet. And the gpm capability of the pump itself.

Most people do not know that the 500 psi pumps that are used in the new extractors are only good for a flow rate of 1.2 gallon per minute. If you ever want to see 500 psi from them you can't use bigger than #4 jetting. Going to a #6 jet size will not help your total gpm because a #6 jet size requires at least 1.5 gpm to use it's flow capacity and most of the 450 to 500 psi pumps wont go that high. The pumps used in most TMs have capacities of 2 gpm and up so they should always be using #6 jetting as a minimum IMO.

Most TMs have enough extraction power to handle 1.5 gpm or better, but not all portables do.If there is only 2 2 stage vacs, the gpm should be no higher than .75 IMO. 2 3 stage or better is good to 1.25 gpm.The pumps are not good for much more than this anyway, so maybe it is good this is all most will do.:AddEmoticons04233:

Reactions: King Cobra

Jeffdzr

Jan 24, 2009
Lexington,SC
www.prestigesystmes.net
Real Name
Jeff Ingold
Business Location
United States
hey just wanted to ask, what about the best wand for a truck mount, I run a modified legend, had it for 10 years, new kohler engine, 20hp. run a s bend 4 jet, feather touch, green glide and drip stop jets, usually run the rx 20 but have the wand, should I go titanium or where is a good web site for wands.

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
hey just wanted to ask, what about the best wand for a truck mount, I run a modified legend, had it for 10 years, new kohler engine, 20hp. run a s bend 4 jet, feather touch, green glide and drip stop jets, usually run the rx 20 but have the wand, should I go titanium or where is a good web site for wands.
THE best wand is still the Prochem Titanium.Your system has the airflow capacity to use it and improve performance. You should not need to ask where to buy them with all the advertising of them that happens on this site.:bigsmiley:

CleanBean

Dec 11, 2009
Memphis, TN
Real Name
Thomas Woods
Business Location
United States

Gemcleans

Apr 18, 2009
Elkhart, In.
Real Name
Alan Thornton
Business Location
United States
When I bought my CFR Pro Station 400 It came with a wonder wand. 11 inches wide 3 jets on the front with rollers on the front and back. It cleans on the push, and just rolls on the carpet. I think CFR was bought out by Powerflite. When I bought my Recoil I got a 12 in 2 jet wand that cleans on the pull. I adapted my Recoil to use both so I can switch wands if I get tired.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
Older tech portable wand. I could do a lot of agitating with a aluminum head 12" and stainless steel glide riveted on. It was a straight tube 1-1/2 " and a single jet. It was not as fast as a double jet TM wand but you can change the jet for more solution, depending on portables pump.
The wand I have with the mytee is more designed for a high pressure hot solution TM with great suction. The S bent wand is made for a system where you dont have to scrub (push and pull) so much.
my 2 cents.

kurt1983

Aug 9, 2009
Paramus, NJ
HeavensBestBergenCounty.com
Real Name
Kurt Hartmann
Business Location
United States
Wands

I'm somewhat new to the business and have just purchased a US Products Solus 500 portable HWE.
I purchased it with their Evolution Wand with it's main feature being the nylon glide strips to make for and easier clean.
This is the only one I ever used so I have nothing to compare to but it seems to work very well in my opinion.

Kurt Hartmann
Heaven's Best Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
Paramus, NJ
http://www.HeavensBestBergenCounty.com

ECOPRO

May 11, 2009
None
None.com
Real Name
None
Business Location
United States
You have a great setup Kurt, It will achieve phenomenal results. And when its your time to upgrade to a TM you will still have a porty with lifetime warranty on tanks and heating element.

charlieclean

Jul 7, 2009
Washington State
Real Name
Charlie
Business Location
United States
The best wand for a portable or a truck mount is the new Rotovac 360i. Better cleaning results with less effort than any manual wand.

King Cobra

Jul 30, 2009
Real Name
Carl
Business Location
United States
These are exactly the points that led me to start this thread. So what are the different size pumps and what is the optimal jet sizing for them?
And just HOW, do you "Pimp Your Wand"?