What's a good wand for SS370?

Bosco83

Sep 19, 2021
Real Name
Brian boczkiewicz
I am just starting my business. I'll be getting a used Sapphire Scientific 370. I'm thinking of getting a T.M.F. Swivel wand in 14". I just wanted to make sure this would work well with the machine I'm going to be using? Or if there are any other suggestions? I also plan on using the same wand with a portable machine as a backup in case any issues arise with the used truck mount. I'm new to carpet cleaning as in I have never even used a machine before. I did take an IICRC class and got my certificate.

Thanks,
Brian

Reactions: sbsscn

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Get a swivel wand. We run similar units that we have made. They come in 1.5 & 2.0. I prefer the 2.0 but their both great. Fell free to message me for my cell and I’ll walk you through the industry wands.

Reactions: Bosco83

gordon qian

Oct 31, 2019
Real Name
gordon qian
Business Location
Canada
I am just starting my business. I'll be getting a used Sapphire Scientific 370. I'm thinking of getting a T.M.F. Swivel wand in 14". I just wanted to make sure this would work well with the machine I'm going to be using? Or if there are any other suggestions? I also plan on using the same wand with a portable machine as a backup in case any issues arise with the used truck mount. I'm new to carpet cleaning as in I have never even used a machine before. I did take an IICRC class and got my certificate.

Thanks,
Brian
IICRC certificate means you only know the very basic idea about carpet cleaning. This is a great forum for you to learn more about the actual details and procedures to deal with most type of problems you'll encounter in the future. And yes, a swivel quad jet titanium wand with 4-6flow (4x0.1 or 4x0.15 jets) will be a good tool for a 370ss.

Bosco83

Sep 19, 2021
Real Name
Brian boczkiewicz
IICRC certificate means you only know the very basic idea about carpet cleaning. This is a great forum for you to learn more about the actual details and procedures to deal with most type of problems you'll encounter in the future. And yes, a swivel quad jet titanium wand with 4-6flow (4x0.1 or 4x0.15 jets) will be a good tool for a 370ss.

I've been reading the forums and watching a lot of videos as well. Thanks for your input on the wand. I ended up ordering a Tony Dang V5 swivel wand.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
tmf is not a bad wand.

You do not need a particular wand for that machine. I have one too (carbon fiber version)

You can use a regular 2 jet 1 1/2 ss wand without breaking the bank.
I have had many wands not TMF but enough to say that its really all in preference and comfort.

I personally do not like swivels even though Ive tried it I just cannot seem to enjoy the use, in other words its just not comfortable to me, thats not to say it wont be comfortable for someone else, just not me.

I current have on the truck 3 wands, a rotary (360i), 1 1/2 us products (now hydramaster) aluminum/plastic 2 jet), and a Bonzer. Each has its place for every situation. I have some more wands in my shop I just cant find a way to get rid of them so ill hold on to them and wait for the right person to pass them down (give away) .

For me I just cant stand a 2" wand. it gives me hand cramps. But I ironically enjoy and prefer my 2 jet ss 2" stair tool over the 1 1/2 one.

Reactions: Bosco83

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I would like to add that Saphire once included their striker wand and honestly that wand is really good for CGD or onsite low pile rugs. The other and most important reason that I like it so much is because technically a 2" it has a weird handle.

Latest posts