FB What would you guys do in this situation. We...

Discussion in 'TMF Facebook Group' started by Palmetto Tile, Aug 12, 2017 at 1:11 PM.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What would you guys do in this situation. We were cleaning a job in a commercial building and all the areas come perfectly clean and we were using grout master Robert Allen. When we got to the last room I did it like I did all the rest and I couldn't get anything to clean this grout. The tile came clean as you can see to the right of the picture but grout was unchanged no matter what I used. I had a trailer full of my go to products nothing would phase it. Any suggestions?

2. Robert Allen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Could be some kind topical coating in that location. Use an acid or a stripper to break it loose then clean again with Groutmaster. It's rare occasion but when it does happen thats how we remedy it fast!

3. Erik Keith Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. Robert Allen Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Dilution? Mechanical or manual agitation? Equipment?

5. Mark Johnson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It may have been color sealed at some point and you are seeing remnants.

6. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can see a slight shine in the grout line.
    That might indicate an acrylic finish that was mopped in there.

If that's the case, you'll need stripper and an aggressive form of agitation.

Jetted tool will help here.

Also could be mineral deposit in which case you would duplicate the agitation but sub phosphoric acid for stripper

7. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There's sealer still on the grout you guys need to use grout brushes and and acid to get that off

8. Kevin Wilson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yep, just use stripper first, rhen go to acid if it doesn't work. Extreme agitation will be needed if it is wax.

9. Gera Catalan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Stripper ! , let it work for 5 to 10 min, agitate and then use your grout cleaner again ...

10. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I had a floor that they put sealer or wax on for years. We put stripper down 4 to 1 in small sections and let it dwell for 20 minutes or more, but keep it moist. Than agitation, extract with high heat with the spinner.

11. Paul Lis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm in love with a stripper...

12. Dave Costa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are you using a truckmount? How hot is your water?

13. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was using a portable and a 1200 psi this was on the 20th floor of a high rise. The rest of the rooms came spotless this one didn't . Went back with a multi tool and scribed in the grout behind the door and cleaned a spot. We're going to go back tomorrow to finish up 3 other rooms and then we will strip this one . I did a test spot with stripper and let it dwell for a while and it seemed to work great.

14. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  15. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Maybe grout color lost?

16. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sometime the color is gone and it makes it seem like its dirty

17. Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Probably a repair so grouts a darker grout put grout seal on it and tell them and charge them hourly for it.