What would you charge to clean this up? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What would you charge to clean this up?

rugslayer

Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2009
Pennsylvania
www.johnsoncarpetcare.com
Real Name
Mark Johnson
Business Location
United States
If she was local I would help. I would have been willing to bet this happened in the US. The government would have been happy to have helped the tenants for more handouts and pursue action against the homeowner. Yes- it DOES happen that way.

Pioneer Floorcare LLC

Dec 10, 2013
Palmer, Alaska
Real Name
Scott Turknett
Business Location
United States
I have cleaned worse. I had to shovel out dog poop with a snow shovel from inside a house once. We stripped everything from the entire house except drywall and subflooring, then sprayed everything with kilz then rebuilt.

Dedicated

Feb 9, 2012
PA
www.1dedicated4u.com
Real Name
Shawn McCaulley
Business Location
United States
Without knowing the Sq. Ft. of the house this just a guestamate ballpark figure $10K +or- more likely on the + side. It would actually be a good job, biggest expense would be dumpsters. Hardest part would be keeping the dumpsters rolling. I would have 2 dropped at the start and just keep them rolling.

Reactions: Troyster

John Krusenstjerna

Jan 6, 2015
Grimes, IA
www.iowactscleaners.com
Real Name
John Krusenstjerna
Business Location
United States
Without knowing the Sq. Ft. of the house this just a guestamate ballpark figure $10K +or- more likely on the + side. It would actually be a good job, biggest expense would be dumpsters. Hardest part would be keeping the dumpsters rolling. I would have 2 dropped at the start and just keep them rolling.

I own 3 dump trailers that are just under 20 cu yards, that way we keep more of the money as well as we can fill and dump them at our own speed, not to mention we can work more hours in a day

Reactions: astrikingimage

John Krusenstjerna

Jan 6, 2015
Grimes, IA
www.iowactscleaners.com
Real Name
John Krusenstjerna
Business Location
United States
we have cleaned many many many house just like this, rough estimate would be somewhere in the $15-$20k range and would take a week with a 4 man crew to do inside and out, carpet and pad removed, hepa vacuumed, and disinfected

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't do jobs like that one, but if I did I'd charge a lot for it. I've only seen one in all my years that was close to that bad. The sad thing is the courts around here are almost useless when going after any tenant for any kind of damages. Even if you get a judgment against them you're not likely to ever collect a dime. Many of these people are transient and know very well how to play the system. Some are quite malicious about it too. Knock holes in the walls, tear the doors off cabinets, ruin the carpets and floors beyond salvaging, etc. Not to mention, go months w/o paying rent even if they full well have the money to pay. The courts around here seem to always side with the tenant or place a meaningless judgement that is never collected upon nor enforced.

Oh, that one I saw years ago that was so bad as far as I know they never got a dime back for damages that was into the thousands of dollars. It took over a year to get them evicted and they never paid a dime in rent for over a year on a very nice ranch style house with 2 car garage. The renters both had good high paying jobs and their rent was quite reasonable. Woman was a nurse and husband worked at Proctor and Gamble. The law needs to go after scumbags like these rather than let them get off scott free. If they can't pay they need to do jail time.

Last edited: