What works the best on old urine stains? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What works the best on old urine stains?

Tom Stefan

Jun 26, 2012
IL
www.atcarpetcleaning.com
Real Name
Tomasz Stefan
Business Location
United States
Hello what is the best method, I have couple old urine stains on really light (almost white) nylon carpet.
Stains are like year old or even older.

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
Depending on the color but I have used it straight. You can put a cup or two in your HF sprayer with a cup of ammonia to really make it pop.
Ammonia? Great cleaner back in the day..was Not aware could be mixed with peroxide.. I Do know if you mix it with Chlorine Bleach...YOU ARE DEAD!:eek:

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Hello what is the best method, I have couple old urine stains on really light (almost white) nylon carpet.
Stains are like year old or even older.
I have had success with just plain old osr on old stains other cleaners lift behind. 30 minutes dwell time. Lay down heavy

Rob Mueller

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
Thought I knew everything! ...or almost everything, well..more than Most....at least average knowledge..more than a Newbie,...Errr! Ok NOTHING!:eek::eek:
perhaps its just short term memory loss dave;)

Ron Reichert

Mar 13, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Ron Reichert
Business Location
United States
I have had success with just plain old osr on old stains other cleaners lift behind. 30 minutes dwell time. Lay down heavy

Rob Mueller
I'm glad you brought up OSR. We use it on urine, as well. We treated a room with 8 or 9 urine deposits back in September. The odor is gone, but the stains wicked back recently. Have you encountered this?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Depending on the color but I have used it straight. You can put a cup or two in your HF sprayer with a cup of ammonia to really make it pop.
When you say "in your HF sprayer", are you telling us that ammonia can be mixed with the normal alkaline prespray mix?

Mojo Rising

Premium VIP
May 26, 2012
Bend
Real Name
REal NAme
I don't use the ammonia boost, but have heard people over the years on the forums using it with zero problems.. a great reason to not limit oneself to uno boards because there is a lot to learn in this industry from so many people.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using TMF Forums mobile app

Clean-Team

Dec 17, 2011
South Australia
Real Name
Grant Baverstock
Business Location
Australia
I have had good success with Hydrogen Peroxide on old cat pee. Buy some strong clear peroxide as suggested, mix it with some HOT water and ammonia and apply it. The heat and ammonia will accelerate the rate of decomposition of the peroxide into oxygen and water, this is where your cleaning is done.

Grant.

Reactions: aloha one

bob_rugratz

Premium VIP
Sep 30, 2009
Real Name
bob middleton
Business Location
United States
I have had good success with Hydrogen Peroxide on old cat pee. Buy some strong clear peroxide as suggested, mix it with some HOT water and ammonia and apply it. The heat and ammonia will accelerate the rate of decomposition of the peroxide into oxygen and water, this is where your cleaning is done.

Grant.
how much of each in a gallon hot water Grant? Have you used for worst case. Do you follow with a deo of some kind?