What worker shortage???

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
my brother in law works at Kimberly Clark, a large mill. Back in the day, if you got a job at Kimberly Clark you were set. High wages, 401K, Health Insurance, the works. He tells me that they are having a hard time finding workers (not that working in a mill is a high skill position mind you). Got so bad that they had to go to Temp Agencies. Now they are hiring people with ankle bracelets (you know, the ones that you get from the Courts) The mill has 16 machines and have only enough staff to run...............................................3 machines!

Reactions: wandwizard

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Just got back from vacation in Pigeon Forge, trolley driver was telling me burger joints there are offering 18 an hour plus 1k bonus after 3 months and cant find any help

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Ya he said this month was the last month for the unemployment stuff
Its about to get real. Or, they will roll out some new freebies. I think they will work on some new freebies as they need the voters. Buying votes, buying votes, buying votes…
0F71A51D-B367-4C02-94E8-59311816CB98.gif
And driving the country further and further into the hole.

• Haha
Reactions: brian3180 and SRD

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
Just got back from vacation in Pigeon Forge, trolley driver was telling me burger joints there are offering 18 an hour plus 1k bonus after 3 months and cant find any help
Yeah its horrible here. You were close pigeon forge only about 3 hours from us we go up there all the time

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Something going around called the "twisties" and I hear it's debilitating. A mental health disorder that keeps you from preforming your job regardless if you earn millions or $18/hr for sacking groceries. Sounds like if you come down with the "twisties" you can make even more money doing nothing at all.

• Haha
Reactions: SRD