What van has the largest side door opening?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We are working on getting the new style truckmount I mentioned a week or two ago. Though it takes up a small footprint it is long and narrow. So I need to know what van (or may have to get another box truck but world rather not) has the largest side door opening? Transit? Sprinter?

Dafloorman

Jul 30, 2008
Deerfield Beach, FL
Real Name
Gerald Simmons
We are working on getting the new style truckmount I mentioned a week or two ago. Though it takes up a small footprint it is long and narrow. So I need to know what van (or may have to get another box truck but world rather not) has the largest side door opening? Transit? Sprinter?
Maybe the Sprinter Rob/Mercedes Benz

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
The transits have different side door options. You can even get it with a sliding door on both sides. Might check it out pretty sure the sliding doors produce a pretty wide opening

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I have a Sprinter, I can measure the side door opening if it will help.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
The transits have different side door options. You can even get it with a sliding door on both sides. Might check it out pretty sure the sliding doors produce a pretty wide opening
Sliding door both sides?? That might be a winner right there!

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
Hold off word is there coming out with a new van that will put all these vans to shame. I dont want to give anything away but the door opening will be 90 ft long...

Lol I hope what your doing is worth the wait @rob allen. You got my curiosity peaked.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
FORD has four V- 6 motors and the 2.7 turbo gets 26 mpg .
Newly designed eco boost motors are killing it .
Image a 3.5 twin turbo with 365 hp and 450 lbs of Torque and a 10 speed transmission .
Numbers s dont lie Fords on top .
A 2.7 desiel blue oval is coming for the F 150 . This is the same blue oval in Eroupe but a 2.7 .

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Not sure how many of you have driven a Transit with an Ecoboost but holy crap it's like driving a Ferrari
That's gets 15 mpg with it fully loaded and the machine running off the tank. I seriously will prob never own another v8 work truck.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Hold off word is there coming out with a new van that will put all these vans to shame. I dont want to give anything away but the door opening will be 90 ft long...

Lol I hope what your doing is worth the wait @rob allen. You got my curiosity peaked.
You had me going for a sentence or two

And I hope it lives up to it also.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Spencer, Joe and Kevin y'all are the reason I will go visit Ford now after I swore I'd stay Japanese. Loaded with 2 side doors has me intrigued.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I am a huge ram fan when it comes to trucks, because of the many Cummins I have owned over the years. But there is no denying the epic Ecoboost engines that Ford is putting out. I'd get a sprinter with a diesel or a Transit with the ecoboost. I guess that has nothing to do with your door question. I've got a plasma cutter. We can make it have really big doors.(y)

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
I've heard the promasters have power issues and being front wheel drive with all the weight in the back they hydroplane really easy. Also heard the front ends on them are shit. Lol

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States

FTW!

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
i've heard the transits have a lot of issues with their sliding doors. anyone here have one?

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
i've heard the transits have a lot of issues with their sliding doors. anyone here have one?
Can't say.. mine have the swing open doors, no issues from them whatsoever but they aren't sliders. I'd like to hear from someone on this cause I won't buy anything but transits from here on out after owning one