What to charge?

greg2206

Oct 3, 2011
SC
Real Name
Greg Broome
Business Location
United States
$125.00 minimum and I really have no issues. Price high as you can always go lower even while cleaning the carpets.

greg2206

Oct 3, 2011
SC
Real Name
Greg Broome
Business Location
United States
I looked at the job again and the carpet is quite worn and no matter what you do and how good you are you are taking a different piece and inserting it with an old worn piece. It will stand out no matter what. I have a two page disclosure that I have each customer sign prior to doing the work and they initial
each line and sign and date as well as I take before and after pics and attach to invoice via HCP. There is good $ doing this but it does take time so don't under price.

Reactions: CCWorks

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
Don’t cut out so big of a piece. Just row cut the carpet. Take your remnant piece dry fit it in there underneath cut along the row trim the fat off dry fit seam tape iron tractor put a tray on the seams done.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Don’t cut out so big of a piece. Just row cut the carpet. Take your remnant piece dry fit it in there underneath cut along the row trim the fat off dry fit seam tape iron tractor put a tray on the seams done.
Sometimes you're better off. In that situation if they got a large enough piece. Ide cut it all out. Damage is already out beyond the door frame. And i can see the seam is in between the door stops instead of under tge door. So you'd have a rectangle patch one way or the other. At least with cutting out that entire area the seams will die in to the outer door frame and the walls. 2 seams Easy peasy. If they dont like the new to old difference i give them a replacement price leaving the ball in their court to decide.

CCWorks

Premium VIP
Jan 3, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Greg
Business Location
United States
So I did a repair course and I'm sure I can fix this but no idea what to charge and looking for advice. Any help is appreciated...it is time sensitive. View attachment 79099
Is that pet damage?
If not, then maybe the backing may not hold a restretch.
What way is the room and what way is the hall?
It looks like damage is in the room, so it may not show variations in texture or color as much, if it was in hallway, as everyone can see the hallway, rooms can be closed off.