What statement did a client make to you that made you want to climb the wall? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What statement did a client make to you that made you want to climb the wall?

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Today I had a customer tell me *Id recommend you over Stanley Dreamer*

It was said with good intentions but, really?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I walk into my last job today which was a tile & grout job and the guy pulls out his bottle of Quick Shine and asks us to re-apply it when we are done:rolleyes:.

He had probably a dozen coats of the stuff on the tile. The job should have taken 3 hours and we spent 7.

And no, I did not re-apply his wax for him. In fact I talked him out of using the stuff anymore.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
My favorite is when you pull onto a property with 3 or 4 scheduled cleans and the manager tells you they have 10 more that have to be done today cause their moving in, and acts like their doing you a favor by "letting" you do them while your there for the 3 or 4 scheduled cleans saving you a trip right :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Makes me want to say 10 units just fell out of your ass last minute with people moving in? lol

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
I have two that have driven me mad and I'm still upset years later.

The first one I just finished a room which had terrible filtration soiling around the entire thing. I got around 90-95% of it out and it looked pretty good. After I finish the customer tells me I did a great job and she just wants to do a little touch up and starts doing the edges with BLEACH AND A TOOTHBRUSH. I tried to stop her but she wanted to so I had to let it go.

The other one was a very frustrating conversation along the lines of...
-Would you like the furniture moved?
--No.
I finish the cleaning and it turns into
--Did you clean behind the couch?
-No. You said you didn't want to move the furniture.
--You're not moving it. You're just sliding it out to clean under it then putting it back. (Her exact words)

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
And then there’s the customer that comes to you while you are rolling up your hoses and says “while you are here will you clean this rug?” They couldn’t have asked 10 minutes earlier when you were still in the house with the truckmount running. I get 2 or 3 of those per year.

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I had an old man get half naked on me and ask if I would, four letter word, his face. When I told him that I don’t swing that way he asked if I knew anyone who could help him out. Then he says he is going back to the bedroom and will be in there when I’m ready, I got the hell out of there and never went back.

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I had an old man get half naked on me and ask if I would, four letter word, his face. When I told him that I don’t swing that way he asked if I knew anyone who could help him out. Then he says he is going back to the bedroom and will be in there when I’m ready, I got the hell out of there and never went back.
But your so damn purdy why couldn’t you help an old fellow out? LOL LOL LOL

• Haha
Reactions: SRD

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Was checking on a flood one morning at a property, knocked on the door resident answered prob a 80+ year old man, told him i was gonna go get my moisture meter from the truck and would be right back he said no problem just let yourself in, came back in was taking moisture readings made my way to the back of the apt and theres the old guy in all his glory nothing on but his glasses in front of the bathroom mirror shaving, i got the hell out of there quick manager laughed her ass off at me i was still pretty shook up when i got to the office lol

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
when I arrived at a job and the client was going out for coffee he said the place was empty and I asked if it was ok to get hot water from tub, he said sure go ahead place is empty. I went in to the bathroom to find his naked girlfriend taking and shower, with no shower curtain and to top it off she said its ok you can come in I dont mind after I said sorry I thought no one was in the bathroom.

I should have ran instead I closed the door and used the kitchen sink and did the job (I cleaned the carpet and thats all I did...dirty mind you)