What sqft before refilling

Discussion in 'Portable Carpet Cleaning' started by Nimblybimbly, Aug 12, 2017 at 2:34 AM.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    How many gallons? Those must be big rugs
    Sounds like a great ROI. How long have you been cleaning carpet, is that earnings in one year

Is that namco reputable? I haven't seen anyone else mention it... looks like a great package despite not reaching 500psi and no AF/D

2. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    As far as I can tell, they are reputable. Others may be able to weigh in on that question that know more than I do. The thing that i like about it is the shear amount of vacuum it has. 400 is high enough for any carpet and some tile and grout (not an issue if you have a 175 which you should). Also 100ft of hose with 300" of water lift is crazy high for a porty and long enough to hit the entire house without needing to move the machine once. Maybe even leaving it on the truck. Will also leave the carpet super dry in comparison.

I have no doubts that you can built an auto fill and auto dump easily like I did with my current machine.

Although, auto dump wouldbe optional if I didn't have to pull the machine off the van. All I'd have to do is run hoses to set up and then I'd be happy to stop every 3-4 rooms to dump because it had a huge recovery tank.

I've been cleaning carpets for about 3 years. (I thought it was 4 until recently lol)
    That is 1 year earnings, yes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

I appreciate your help and patience!

What is a 175?

How did you learn to clean? Did you work in the industry for someone first?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    You're very welcome. I didn't have anyone giving me info like this until 2 years in. I'm happy to help although I'm not a veteran like many here.

A 175 is a term for a 175 rpm buffer. Google it, you'll recognise it immediately.

I learned by trial and error. No, I was a restaurant manager for 12 years prior to starting this company.

YouTube
    Google
    Tm forums

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Well you're doing great and paying it forward.

I have an engineering degree and make around 60k, stressed out everyday. I want to be my own boss, be able to take days off whenever I want. I'd be happy to make 40-50 after taxes.

How many hours a week do you average? Is it possible to make that working 4-6hrs a day, 4-5 days a week?

6. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to be cliché, anything is possible. It depends on what your local market will support. This past month, I worked 7 days a week and averaged 8 hours per day but i netted $9k.

I could do better as my prices are competitive and the market here is saturated in Colorado Springs. I charge around $45 per area & $2 per stair and usually have a special going. Like for upholstery or tile and grout. I make my money in addon services like Teflon protection and odor enzyme treatment. I put it in my guarantee that if you decline enzyme treatment when you had pets in the home that voids the guarantee. Pretty standard. $14.95 per area and $1 additional for enzyme treatment. It bumps the bill up nicely.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    And don't feel bad. I am also a computer programmer (fluent in 12 programming languages) and this pays better and the freedom to work for yourself puts that skill to shame.

8. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Wow 9k net in one month! I've worked a few 7 days a month on projects and all I got was a $1200 bonus at the end of the year..no o.t. due to salary. This is the stuff they don't teach in school.

Have you used or heard of the Daimer Eco-Green cleaner solution? I'm looking for something non toxic and leaves no residue. They recommend using a weed sprayer to pre spray, do you use anything like that?

9. Robert86

Robert86 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2016
    Male
    Missoula, MT
    Ratings:
    +858 / 1 / -0
    Those pump sprayers are pretty standard equipment for applying prespray. You can buy the cheap ones from home depot for $10 - $15 and use them till they're no good and throw them away and get a new one. Or buy the more expensive ones that last longer and are often made to be repaired. Whatever budget and preference allows. I have half a dozen or so pump sprayers. Different sizes, some just for certain types of chemicals, a couple specialty ones (foam sprayers).

I used to be a security consultant, made $45 an hour. I enjoyed the work and was good at it but it could be crazy stressful. Janitorial work pays better and no stress! I think a lot of us have similar stories.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Lol indeed, they don't teach this kinda stuff in school.

I used roundup sprayers when first starting out before i got a hydroforce. Totally worth it. I broke enough of those to just pay for a hydroforce.

I have never used that brand but the brand is highly reputable.

I still use a couple for the tile acids that i don't want running through my hydroforce and for applying enzymes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

12. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    It's also worth mentioning that being your own boss doesn't necessarily mean taking takes off whenever you want. But it is nice to schedule days off and a vacation this year without asking permission. Also decided to stay a few extra days. That was an incredible feeling.

13. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    I use my website mostly. Coupled with Google ads. I usually get 1-2 leads per day that pan out and get hired. I spent $600 last month but that's unusually high. Typically my Google bill is closer to $350 - $500. If I spent more and had better landing pages, i might get more clicks to convert to customers. I'm still learning the ropes there.

14. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Also, 5-around flyers. When i clean a customer's house, I leave a flyer with 5 of their neighbours offering 20% off services.

15. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    What's your website?

16. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So when you want a day off or are going on extended vacation do you just tell them a date when you will be available, do you actually say you are going on vacation?

I take it you don't have employees?

17. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
  18. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I forgot to reply to that question. Yes I do have one part time helper. Mostly go by myself but i have my limits.

I just tell them I'm booked until I get back. Then give that date. No need for them to know I'm on vacation.

19. Nimblybimbly

Nimblybimbly Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So what's the difference between a landing page and website? Are landing pages specific to a city or region, with basic info like service and price?

20. Dapper Bros Cleaners

Nov 5, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    A landing page is a page in your website that serves a specific purpose. To compel a viewer to do a specific action. Like call you or fill out a form. It's usually separate from your websites main content. I'll share with you one of mine for a deal that I'm currently running. But I'll private message it to you because I'm tracking its conversion rate so i don't want a lot of traffic sent to it from here.