What sqft before refilling

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
For those that don't have auto fill, how many rooms or sqft can you clean on your tank say 12-17 gallon?

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
That all depends on your wand spray heads and gpm on your pump and dirt level in the carpet. Nobody can answer that accurately for your equipment.

I did build a auto pump in for about $20 in parts (swamp cooler cutoff float and reducers to go from 5/8th down to the poly tube width) from the hardware store and then got a 75ft garden hose and a $49 sink faucet adaptor kit from interlink. Takes me about 5-8 mins to set up at each job.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
Can you give a rough approximation?

That all depends on your wand spray heads and gpm on your pump and dirt level in the carpet. Nobody can answer that accurately for your equipment.

I did build a auto pump in for about $20 in parts (swamp cooler cutoff float and reducers to go from 5/8th down to the poly tube width) from the hardware store and then got a 75ft garden hose and a $49 sink faucet adaptor kit from interlink. Takes me about 5-8 mins to set up at each job.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
That's pretty good. What model portable? What size tank?

This is a off subject, but do customers ever say no to using a faucet inside the house?

I was told by other members to buy a portable without heat and just use the hot water from a sink.

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
That's pretty good. What model portable? What size tank?

This is a off subject, but do customers ever say no to using a faucet inside the house?

I was told by other members to buy a portable without heat and just use the hot water from a sink.
I have a us products hhp 310 with 12 gal recovery tank.

I've never had anyone refuse to let me use it. I've had to explain it to a few of them but otherwise no.

While using just sink without the heat works, it doesn't compare to using 212°water to melt through grease and dirt. Opinion: You'll work too hard to achieve the same results.

One option would be to get a bucket heater and use that to heat your water up before putting it in the machine. I have that as a backup if no heater is an option. Generally, unheated machines put out higher psi or higher vacuum performance to compensate.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
Moderate soiling, CGD, pump at about 200psi, I can get about 600 - 700 sq ft before I need to refill. It really helps to make sure you have a good prespray. Something that really loosens the soils from the carpet fibers and rinses easy. And I always use a rinse in the tank.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
Can you recommend a bucket heater? Cross America has an immersion heater for $100 and the description says it can be left in the solution tank I believe.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
For those that don't have auto fill, how many rooms or sqft can you clean on your tank say 12-17 gallon?
It all depends on the flow of water from your wand and how bad the carpet is, but average wise for 12 gallons fresh water tank will give me enough water for 2 rooms.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If you use the flex ice as a rinsing agent in your tank, this will rinse your pre spray and dirt quicker so your fresh water tank can last a bit longer.

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon

Swani21

Oct 8, 2015
Real Name
Nick S.

Could you show a picture of this? I have a US Products Solus 310.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
So when auto fill is on is it regulated? Or does auto dump kick on when the solution tank is full and prevent Auto fill from over flowing?

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
So when auto fill is on is it regulated? Or does auto dump kick on when the solution tank is full and prevent Auto fill from over flowing?
That second picture is the cutoff float. When the fresh tank is full, it won't allow more water to enter. There is no auto dump on this model. Although I'm considering getting 20ish ft of backflow hose (the flat rubber hose) and connecting that to the dump valve to speed up dumping grey water.

Nimblybimbly

Aug 10, 2017
Real Name
Nathan Paul
How did you decide on the the us products hhp 310? Did you buy it new? How long have you had it? Any problems? I see it's around $4000 , it comes with heat but surprisingly af/ad is not standard?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We get about 1-2 rugs out of our portable in the rug spa.

Nov 5, 2016
Real Name
Cody Archdeacon
How did you decide on the the us products hhp 310? Did you buy it new? How long have you had it? Any problems? I see it's around $4000 , it comes with heat but surprisingly af/ad is not standard?
I found it on Craigslist for $1200. It's all original except for the pressure gauge. In hindsight, that wasn't the best deal. The only issue I have now is the pressure regulator is leaking and am currently looking for a replacement part that isn't very easy to find. The model was purchased new in 1997.

Us Products are some of the sturdiest built portables on the market. That's not to be confused with the best, because they aren't. With that said, I've made about $60k off of that $1200 investment. It doesn't seem like It's ready to quit anytime soon either. Their are portable with better vacuum and/or pressure out there but this one has best good enough for me. I also bought a $300 used 175 and started doing tile and grout with both machines. That was the best $300 I think I've ever spent. It's good to help agitate carpets and cleaning tile & grout lines. Keep an eye on here and craigslist if you're in the US and you'll find a good used portable for far under retail price.

If I knew what I know now when buying my portable, I would have opted for this

http://www.namcomfg.com/namco3/shop/item.aspx?itemid=477