What Shoes to Wear in Customer's Home?

dlshetler

Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Frank Ricard
Business Location
United States
A lot of shoe threads popping up lately which brought this question to my mind. I have always worn the white Reebok Classic Club C. They are all white soles & uppers. My thought is they are comfortable and if you try to keep them clean and bright maybe they make a positive psychological impact on the customer? Any thoughts? Is there something better out there that I am missing?

I also used to use the Adidas Stan Smith but it seems like those are getting hard to find.

8330_366_45.jpg

RoboShark

Nov 14, 2011
CA
Real Name
robert harrington
Business Location
United States
I have been using the all black steel toe
Brahma brand from Wally's.

I know there is something better but they are comfortable and slip resistant. Easy to keep clean.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I like a modest tennis shoe for actual cleaning.

Big floppy dirty shoes or construction outdoor boots are horrible image for a carpet cleaner.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I like a modest tennis shoe for actual cleaning.

Big floppy dirty shoes or construction outdoor boots are horrible image for a carpet cleaner.
I used work boots for 10 years before I switched to tennis shoes, I have no idea why I waited that long.

dlshetler

Jun 10, 2010
Michigan
Real Name
Frank Ricard
Business Location
United States
We always wear black non-slip, non-marking tennis shoes, they look good with the uniform.
I can't stand to wear white anything, especially shoes, because I think they look goofy as he11.

Shoes for crews or some other kind of black shoe? I agree bright white out of the box looks a little goofy but after a few days I think they look okay.

See Spots Run

Nov 1, 2010
redding, Ca.
www.seespotsruninc.com
Real Name
Ivan Smith
Business Location
United States
Shoes for crews or some other kind of black shoe? I agree bright white out of the box looks a little goofy but after a few days I think they look okay.

I usually get mine from Famous Footwear or Sports Authority.
Coming from a biker background the white shoes are more gay looking than goofy in my eyes.
I was just trying to not offend the white shoe crew.
We just like black stuff.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
I always think a different color shoe than what I'm used to wearing feels and looks goofy, but they grow on you.

I think white is very clean and sterile looking. But I can't keep white clean enough and it drives me crazy.

Gavin

Jan 21, 2011
WA
Real Name
Gavin Green
Business Location
United States
Reactions: Shawn Abbey

Carpet Lady

May 15, 2011
Texas
Real Name
Christine
Business Location
United States
I go from Nike and sketchers I am wearing aasics right now there new running shoe. I spend good money on shoes. I have to have good arch support. I am basic on colors. But I have blue with gray and it matches my shirts so all good.

Gary Getman

Dec 2, 2010
florida
Real Name
gary getman
Business Location
United States
In my years with The SS I wore rubber mocs from Cabelas but now they areway too heavy and hot. I kept them under the seat of my van for floods until they split. Right now I"m sporting Nike AirAlvords in black and grey. Off the job I prefer Teva 6716 suede mocs and Timberline low top hikers. Leather trimmed Crocs and Realtree cammo flip flops also from Crocs complete my ensamble.

GFloorMasters

Mar 11, 2012
The Villages, FL
Real Name
Graham Molsick
Business Location
United States
Got the helper and myself each a pair of crocs to wear inside homes while cleaning. They are very comfortable, slide on/off feet quickly, easy to clean just hose them down, and they are slip resistant! They match our polo shirts too. Paid I think $80 for both, less than a box of booties...

Reactions: Gavin

Aaron M.

Nov 3, 2012
Washington
Real Name
Aaron Markham
Business Location
United States
For those that like shoes I would suggest trying a pair of Ecco brand Moccasins. Probably the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever found. They are also very durable and will actually be cheaper than buying multiple pairs of tennis shoes.

A couple of years ago I switched to Whites boots. They are all hand made in Spokane Washington. They are all black and very heavy. They are all leather and mold to your foot as you break them in. The support for your feet and back is tremendous. I am going on two years with the pair I have now. When they wear out you can send them back to the manufacturer for a rebuild. Essentially you get a new boot for half the price. They will also custom fit for your feet. They have no cushioning insoles in them but are still the most comfortable foot wear I have used once they are broke in.