What safe cleaning solutions do you use for mattress cleaning???

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.
Got a call to do a mattress cleaning and its not my normal gig to be honest. Just wondering what "SAFE" cleaning solution you guys use that get the job done. Custy will send me a picture by the end of the day. guessing there may be pee, sweat, and all the fun stuff? LOL. Also any input on pricing for a cal king? Thanks for any helpful input.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I charge $150-200 for 1 side and $250-$350 for both sides but it can be anywhere in between depending on soil
Clean like you would upholstery.
You can use Green Balance or procyon both are great. Dont promise stain removal. Rayon/viscose fibers easily stain. do not use strong oxidizers or bleach. I do not perform any treatments or pet removal services on any mattress for safety reasons

michellerenaud

Jul 18, 2017
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Real Name
michelle renaud
"Childrens! Don't think too hard about the fire that started in the bedroom at my Chappaqua home the other day. I swear, it wasn't Bill making friction against the mattress, I was only cleaning house."
1f609.png
1f609.png

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Got a call to do a mattress cleaning and its not my normal gig to be honest. Just wondering what "SAFE" cleaning solution you guys use that get the job done. Custy will send me a picture by the end of the day. guessing there may be pee, sweat, and all the fun stuff? LOL. Also any input on pricing for a cal king? Thanks for any helpful input.
My concern with mattress cleaning is the amount of bodily soils and fluids one finds there. And never mind the pounds of dead skin cells, oils, and hair that typically gather in a mattress within the first few years of its life - you've also got dust mites, bed bugs, fleas, and a host of other invertebrates that may be living in it... and infesting your equipment while you clean.

Mattresses can be cleaned, certainly - but too few people realize the amount of potentially biohazardous waste in there, and they neither charge accordingly nor protect themselves appropriately. Blood, semen, vaginal fluids, urine, vomitus, feces... we charge extra to remove them from carpets, why not mattresses?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
One motivator for many people to clean a mattress is allergens such as dust mites. MasterBlend makes a good anti-allergy mattress cleaner called Responsible Care Anti-allergen prespray. It won't remove all the stains, but it is safe. No concerns about allergies or skin contact after cleaning. They also have other products for dealing with allergens. https://interlinksupply.com/index.php?search_val=allergen

JustSomeDude

Dec 22, 2017
Real Name
Aaron Blaine
sounds like rob has a new idea for a mattress pre spray!!
My concern with mattress cleaning is the amount of bodily soils and fluids one finds there. And never mind the pounds of dead skin cells, oils, and hair that typically gather in a mattress within the first few years of its life - you've also got dust mites, bed bugs, fleas, and a host of other invertebrates that may be living in it... and infesting your equipment while you clean.

Mattresses can be cleaned, certainly - but too few people realize the amount of potentially bio hazardous waste in there, and they neither charge accordingly nor protect themselves appropriately. Blood, semen, vaginal fluids, urine, vomitus, feces... we charge extra to remove them from carpets, why not mattresses?

Have you ever had bed bugs infest your equipment or any other issues with bringing them home by accident from work?

smartcarpetcare

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
Our area is bad for bedbugs. I have run across them many a time. Pest control people offer the service. Am looking into adding on the service. We have newer mattresses, use ReviveIt Rocket with great results, padcapping.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
sounds like rob has a new idea for a mattress pre spray!!

Have you ever had bed bugs infest your equipment or any other issues with bringing them home by accident from work?
Thankfully, I've never brought home any kind of cooties from work. But multiple guys in this area have cross-contaminated either apartments or homes (some their own!) by having pests or pest eggs in their equipment. The big one is fleas. Try explaining to a customer who doesn't even have a pet how fleas got in her home after you cleaned it...!

Reactions: keep it clean

Adam Valencia

Dec 23, 2016
Real Name
Adam V.

Mattresses can be cleaned, certainly - but too few people realize the amount of potentially biohazardous waste in there, and they neither charge accordingly nor protect themselves appropriately. Blood, semen, vaginal fluids, urine, vomitus, feces... we charge extra to remove them from carpets, why not mattresses?

Thanks for the input Mama Fen. My plan was to use Procyon for liability reasons. Of course no 100% guaranteed removal of any traffic lane, spot, or stain always goes on my service quotes invoices. I told her starting can range from $95 plus. Only one side. respirator and gloves is my go to protective gear, is there anything protective that is a "must do" that I am missing? Thanks for the heads up;