What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm going to send out a post card when this is over with claiming we did NOT operate during the pandemic out of responsibility to our communities.

Hopefully we will attract high quality customers who feel the same way.

Reactions: mrotto, ACP and SRD

IluvCleanForums

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Ian Riggins
So as usual the responsible, integrity based businessman loses while his competition gains the edge due to poor ethics.
Same here...Stanley and a few other competitors are going into peoples homes "as long as no one is there"..A)Do people really want a stranger in their home when they are not there and B) what if someone does come up positive? You have to have everyone tested, you have to call all you clients that were cleaned during the last few weeks and tell them that they need to get tested and oh yeah! Does anyone know how much it costs to get you office, warehouse or home completely disinfected? Also in some states, if you have an employee test positive, you have to mandatory shut down for up to 3 weeks.....Not worth it....

IluvCleanForums

Feb 17, 2020
Real Name
Ian Riggins
I know Stanley is spraying a disinfectant on people's carpets which is made for hard non-porous services and claim that their techs are also disinfecting their trucks and equipment between each job but i wonder how cost effective that is? and if all the techs will actually do that?

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Same here...Stanley and a few other competitors are going into peoples homes "as long as no one is there"..A)Do people really want a stranger in their home when they are not there and B) what if someone does come up positive? You have to have everyone tested, you have to call all you clients that were cleaned during the last few weeks and tell them that they need to get tested and oh yeah! Does anyone know how much it costs to get you office, warehouse or home completely disinfected? Also in some states, if you have an employee test positive, you have to mandatory shut down for up to 3 weeks.....Not worth it....
So much fear in your posts......
Not a good place to be.....
Go and do some real research from NON main stream media sources.

Go look at some raw data from the CDC, from other sources on Italy's outbreak, learn how virus's work. How they are contained and what the goals of social separation are. Hint it is NOT to stop the virus.
What virus's are, and what they are not.
So much overhyped misleading info out there.
Remember the main stream media makes money when you watch,
They overdramatize everything and make it 100x worse than it is.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
It's not if you are going to get it, but when. Now or after the economy is a trainwreck.
Jim, I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a huge difference in traffic in our area. 85 still gets rather hefty in the morning, and the 485 offramp is still a booger.

My neighborhood, on the other hand, was quiet enough that I listened to the coyotes sing for a good while this morning before the sun came up. It was eerie and beautiful at the same time. Normally, you wouldn't be able to hear them for all the cars.

How about your neck of the woods?

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Jim, I don't know about you, but I haven't seen a huge difference in traffic in our area. 85 still gets rather hefty in the morning, and the 485 offramp is still a booger.

My neighborhood, on the other hand, was quiet enough that I listened to the coyotes sing for a good while this morning before the sun came up. It was eerie and beautiful at the same time. Normally, you wouldn't be able to hear them for all the cars.

How about your neck of the woods?
It's been ok. I can drive directly to downtown Charlotte in the morning instead of doing a job in east Charlotte first to avoid the traffic on independence. High rise work all day tomorrow, be down there at 8 bells. We are staying in the black so far servicing vacants, we have zero overhead, so we should weather the storm fine. I worry about residential only guys.

Reactions: Spazznout

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Ok, that's just going too far! It looks like you even have some instant gravy mix in there or is that all-purpose flour? (y) I bet you have a gas grill stuck in there somewhere too or are you strictly a charcoal guy? :)
Randy, it's my office I keep it clean, organized and well stocked lol I like gas and charcoal, both have their place. I have been known to heat lunch up on a heat exchanger or on the van motor :p

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Yep. I'm seeing roadside signs popping up too. Guess bait and switchers want in.
It just goes to show lots of people are getting desperate and were desperate BEFORE this outbreak. I just read a stay at home order for a certain county in Missouri. At the moment only certain counties or cities are under stay at home. It's not the entire state yet. I read something to this effect that caught my eye, " People who are experiencing HOMELESSNESS are EXEMPT from the stay at home order and are encouraged to SEEK SHELTER. (The worst thing they could possibly do right now IMHO is to seek shelter in a homeless facility.") If a person was unethical and dishonest before this outbreak they will become even more so now.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Randy, it's my office I keep it clean, organized and well stocked lol I like gas and charcoal, both have their place. I have been known to heat lunch up on a heat exchanger or on the van motor :p
I actually watched a video yesterday on different ways to cook steaks. Some were really good and some not so good. One of the ways was to wrap it in foil and place it on a hot spot on your engine and drive around. I'm not kidding! Long story short he wound up using a torch on it to finish it up! It had only cooked on one side. Now if he had turned it and drove around a while more maybe it would have been edible. :) I got a chuckle out of it anyway.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I actually watched a video yesterday on different ways to cook steaks. Some were really good and some not so good. One of the ways was to wrap it in foil and place it on a hot spot on your engine and drive around. I'm not kidding! Long story short he wound up using a torch on it to finish it up! It had only cooked on one side. Now if he had turned it and drove around a while more maybe it would have been edible. :) I got a chuckle out of it anyway.
Many years ago I told my father about heating lunch up on the heat exchangers on my CDS while cleaning. He bought me a cookbook called Manifold Destiny that has tons of recipes for cooking on your motor and cook times/milage. Some are really good!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Many years ago I told my father about heating lunch up on the heat exchangers on my CDS while cleaning. He bought me a cookbook called Manifold Destiny that has tons of recipes for cooking on your motor and cook times/milage. Some are really good!
Just be sure to turn that steak a few times between stops if you ever actually try to cook one on your van engine! The one that guy cooked didn't look too appetizing when he pulled it out of there.