What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus?

shumagic

Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC Canada
Real Name
Harish Shukla
Business Location
Canada
My son, who's in his thirties, urges me
( every day ) to stay off the work and stay safe. His reasoning behind all this is not to have regrets in case of getting infected. And how do we make sure that we don't? There is no guarantee, right? Back to risk groups. Just last week we had a few unfortunate events
( Illinois ), we had younger people passing away ( mid twenties, thirties and fifties) No underlying issues were reported in those cases.
One way or the other, smartest thing right now is to stay home and enjoy family, get in contact ( phone) with long lost acquaintances, self reflect and work on home projects. The slogan, " business never sleeps " doesn't have a usual ring to it anymore. It's time to be frugal, regardless of how we feel right now. I wish, I didn't have to write the way I do and like you , @Jim Davisson I have my steady accounts and a few Kingdom Halls lined up, but I'm torn in between business and safety. I'm leaning towards safety!
I was in the same boat, but I think I made the right decision. Now I am sitting at home and cleaning.

Reactions: Luky

shumagic

Sep 19, 2013
Vancouver, BC Canada
Real Name
Harish Shukla
Business Location
Canada
Really sad a mother of 6 died in my neighborhood I read on nextdoor yesterday, really nice family.... she was 42. She was having symptoms and was refused testing due to resources, finally she was tested and admitted.. put on vent but the pneumonia was already too far progressed.
Really sad. It's only going to get worst. Better to stay home and pray.

Reactions: ACP

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
Speaking of all this we should really shut our borders and would be a perfect excuse

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Ontario has been completely shit down of all non essential business. However we are considered essential. So we are crazy busy. Every Restraunt that is closed wants their carpets cleaned as well as church’s. Not to mention all our janitorial accounts have just about doubled their service. I’ve had to hire like crazy to cover it. I’m bushed!
I have to confess. I'm a total hypocrite, I've been prreaching safety and when phone rings, I get exited like little puppy getting treat . What's wrong with me. I'm telling my self" Just do this one and that's it. Can someone stop me?
The truth is, there are no other people in the building and I'm dealing only with one person, but...
It feels so right ( to be working)

Attachments

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey Bayliss
@Luky
You and me both Luk!!
Jobs keep coming and I can’t stop either....
Roads are quiet
Almost finished a whole hotel - it’s closed perfect time to clean everything
It’s almost heaven but waiting for the hell to unleash....so eerie
My good mate just lost his cocktail bar, been open 8months I did all the floors and the mahogany dance floor, the endless free beer on tap was best payment of my life, now the poor bastard has lost everything....and I’m flat out so cruel....

Last edited:

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
@Luky This is a new flu strain, but it doesn't seem to be killing millions like they are claiming it has the potential to. The regular flu affects high risk and the elderly similarly, the numbers just aren't adding up. Destroying a country's economy for a new flu seems a bit over the top to me.
Yup
20200322_114321.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well meanwhile I shut down my business but Stanley, Oxi, Zerorez and a myriad of others apparently think it's ok to travel between peoples homes. Go figure. Probably turned $5,000 in business away over the past week.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Well meanwhile I shut down my business but Stanley, Oxi, Zerorez and a myriad of others apparently think it's ok to travel between peoples homes. Go figure. Probably turned $5,000 in business away over the past week.
See picture in post above yours

Be the cameraman,

Not the reporter

that is all

Reactions: MikeGaure

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Problem is Spazz my wife works in the hospital. Would be hugely irresponsible of me to work at this time, she brings it home and I infect other people. Even if she didnt, I wont pretend I can keep others safe.

I may think its overblown but the truth is I dont know WHAT is going on.

Reactions: IluvCleanForums

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
That's exactly the way I feel.

I don't know whats going on and I don't know what to believe.

It's bad in New York.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
So as usual the responsible, integrity based businessman loses while his competition gains the edge due to poor ethics.

Reactions: IluvCleanForums

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Ive got a guy in my area thats been cleaning carpet for less than a year, knows nothing about biohazard, viral decontamination running around telling property managers he can disinfect their apartments and clubhouses for 60 bucks ulv fogging a peroxide based product from what im hearing. Largest management company in the area is pushing his service. Im educating my people, but jesus shit should be illegal man it really should

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
That's my point SRD. I have more education and experience in biohazard which means I know enough to know I should NOT be making any claims to customers or performing this service.

I've worked inside these other companies and Jesus they cant even clean their own equipment properly much less provide the proper tools, education, chemicals, and safety measures to operate in this.

Reactions: ACP and SRD

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
@SRD you just hatin' cuz u aint gotz virus super powerz bro.

virus super power 1.jpg

super power virus 2.jpg