What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
@Luky This is a new flu strain, but it doesn't seem to be killing millions like they are claiming it has the potential to. The regular flu affects high risk and the elderly similarly, the numbers just aren't adding up. Destroying a country's economy for a new flu seems a bit over the top to me.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Well since Missouri AND Illinois are on stay-at-home orders, it's a dead stop for my business. I even have some customers angry we are telling them we can't service them right now.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States

Tell me Oxi Fresh...how do you disinfect your brushes? The whole 4 years I was there I raised this question to corporate MANY times. It took until year 2 that they installed some machines for us to do a good wash on them vs just spraying off with a hose.

This is why I hate them - those brushes probably spread more fleas, dust mites, bacteria etc between houses than any other company out there. Management doesn't give two shits about it either.

OneBlueSummer

Sep 30, 2012
Real Name
Charlie King
good ole billie is up to it again, always remember "those who create the problems, always have the solution." Guess who also has a vacccine and a mark of the beast chip lined up for ya buddy ole pals? Also look up agenda 21 to see a bigger picture. Dont forget what happens at the brink of the WWTres or just read the KJV Bible @Jim Davisson that cup for nuts etc is genious! I always carry a man cooler, with all sorts of food but the one I usually eat while driving is canned soup (usually lentil non gmo, or even green beans) I drink it right out of the can. I also get cucumbers, and sogo snacks beef in a ziplock and make no contact with em just the ziplocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Davisson

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
this will pass over
\its like the flu season it will pass
china is beginning to lift lockdown

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Mecklenburg County just annouced that a shelter-at-home quarantine protocol will begin on Thursday at 8 AM.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Im waiting for that here, ive had about 15 texts today from clients asking if were still working lol.
Only thing im not doing is occupied homes or apartments told em we'll do empties all day long.
My restoration sides still going strong

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
@Luky This is a new flu strain, but it doesn't seem to be killing millions like they are claiming it has the potential to. The regular flu affects high risk and the elderly similarly, the numbers just aren't adding up. Destroying a country's economy for a new flu seems a bit over the top to me.
Our local hospitals here are bursting at the seams with covid 19 patients, so much so they are not seeing any healthy people for other reasons.

The big hospital just north of me currently has 4 floors of people on ventilators. The regular flu is not as infectious, lower mortality rate (millions get the flu every year), also the pneumonia covid is causing is a huge problem.

When have you seen the flu kill 600 people overnight in a country and they are hauling the contaminated bodies out in a convoy military trucks

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Haven't seen anything like that here, didnt realize it was that bad there @ACP, ive not seen anything like this in my 43 years makes me really wonder if their not telling us the whole story

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Our local hospitals here are bursting at the seams with covid 19 patients, so much so they are not seeing any healthy people for other reasons.

The big hospital just north of me currently has 4 floors of people on ventilators. The regular flu is not as infectious, lower mortality rate (millions get the flu every year), also the pneumonia covid is causing is a huge problem.

When have you seen the flu kill 600 people overnight in a country and they are hauling the contaminated bodies out in a convoy military trucks
My husband has been fighting a sinus infection, complete with 102-degree fever, since Thursday. And despite the fact that ALL FOUR TRIAGE SESSIONS indicate there is no concern of COVID-19 in his case, his doctor is refusing in-clinic treatment or prescriptions and is suggesting only rest, quarantine, and Tylenol for the fever. Their resources are limited, and what they have must go to containing and preventing the spread of this thing. Other problems are having to wait.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Really sad a mother of 6 died in my neighborhood I read on nextdoor yesterday, really nice family.... she was 42. She was having symptoms and was refused testing due to resources, finally she was tested and admitted.. put on vent but the pneumonia was already too far progressed.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Ontario has been completely shit down of all non essential business. However we are considered essential. So we are crazy busy. Every Restraunt that is closed wants their carpets cleaned as well as church’s. Not to mention all our janitorial accounts have just about doubled their service. I’ve had to hire like crazy to cover it. I’m bushed!

Reactions: SRD