What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What % ratio is your business down with Coronavirus?

Rick F

Apr 27, 2011
new york
Real Name
richard fall
Business Location
United States
NY is now closing all non essential businesses! That means me! my business was way slow because of this anyway. Good luck to all!
Got the low down in NY building cleaning and maintenance can work. Owner operators can also. I am both so iam glad

Reactions: OneBlueSummer

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I haven’t received 1 call since Thursday. Up until a week ago I was getting swamped with calls for estimates and appointments. As soon as schools started getting closed it tapered off drastically and I have just this week then nothing so far. Crazy..... But in a way I’m a little freaked about exposing myself also so maybe it’s for the best. I am in the process off taking classes to obtain my class A CDL and they were cancelled too.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Ya wtf speaking of the damn robocalls... they have stopped completely. Almost creepy, it must have hit hard in India
Yer lucky I get multiple a day! We would like to talk to you about your health insurance blah blah CLICK!

Reactions: Spazznout

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I was watching for Todd to chime in on what hes going to do now that Nevada has been shut down.

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
So my state CT is shut down to nonessential business. I’ve postponed all residential but I have one commercial job a Yaht club that’s empty not used. Dunno if it’s still doable. I’d be by myself cleaning. Not sure if I should do it or not or what consequences would be.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Im sure each state would have its list of what is essential or not
1.jpg

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Still busy for now, booked a big job next week and quoted a church this morning.

I think we are being played. Take a minute and look up annual flu statistics for just the USA and then the world. Mystery virus that doesn't affect young people and worldwide has killed just 8,000 in a pandemic??? The media is going to destroy far more lives than the virus will.
My son, who's in his thirties, urges me
( every day ) to stay off the work and stay safe. His reasoning behind all this is not to have regrets in case of getting infected. And how do we make sure that we don't? There is no guarantee, right? Back to risk groups. Just last week we had a few unfortunate events
( Illinois ), we had younger people passing away ( mid twenties, thirties and fifties) No underlying issues were reported in those cases.
One way or the other, smartest thing right now is to stay home and enjoy family, get in contact ( phone) with long lost acquaintances, self reflect and work on home projects. The slogan, " business never sleeps " doesn't have a usual ring to it anymore. It's time to be frugal, regardless of how we feel right now. I wish, I didn't have to write the way I do and like you , @Jim Davisson I have my steady accounts and a few Kingdom Halls lined up, but I'm torn in between business and safety. I'm leaning towards safety!

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
My son, who's in his thirties, urges me
( every day ) to stay off the work and stay safe. His reasoning behind all this is not to have regrets in case of getting infected. And how do we make sure that we don't? There is no guarantee, right? Back to risk groups. Just last week we had a few unfortunate events
( Illinois ), we had younger people passing away ( mid twenties, thirties and fifties) No underlying issues were reported in those cases.
One way or the other, smartest thing right now is to stay home and enjoy family, get in contact ( phone) with long lost acquaintances, self reflect and work on home projects. The slogan, " business never sleeps " doesn't have a usual ring to it anymore. It's time to be frugal, regardless of how we feel right now. I wish, I didn't have to write the way I do and like you , @Jim Davisson I have my steady accounts and a few Kingdom Halls lined up, but I'm torn in between business and safety. I'm leaning towards safety!

Been watching the above with interest for over a week. The data tells me to live my life like I always do. I always keep pop up foil in my rig for lunch to keep my grubby fingers off my sandwiches or take out, disposable cups to "drink" my jerky or honey almonds from between jobs... I tell everyone that gets in my van that it's impossible to keep anything in this joker sanitized and definitely don't touch your mouth after touching ANYTHING in here and that has been the norm for years.

If you have the means to take a break and work around the house, definitely do it. Everything we saved before Christmas for the slow season we never touched because it's been bananagrams all winter here. If we get shut down by local government we are going to build a back up TM with the free time. I plan to stay productive and prepare even more than normal, when the flood gates open I will be ready.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike

Been watching the above with interest for over a week. The data tells me to live my life like I always do. I always keep pop up foil in my rig for lunch to keep my grubby fingers off my sandwiches or take out, disposable cups to "drink" my jerky or honey almonds from between jobs... I tell everyone that gets in my van that it's impossible to keep anything in this joker sanitized and definitely don't touch your mouth after touching ANYTHING in here and that has been the norm for years.

If you have the means to take a break and work around the house, definitely do it. Everything we saved before Christmas for the slow season we never touched because it's been bananagrams all winter here. If we get shut down by local government we are going to build a back up TM with the free time. I plan to stay productive and prepare even more than normal, when the flood gates open I will be ready.
With all the junk we work around that’s exactly how we handle staying clean. Minus the foil good idea btw I’ve always used napkins or wrappers and usually avoid finger foods that can’t be eaten from a ziplock or mason jar.

We wash our hands before goin to the restroom also. We don’t want any funk

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Jimbo Williams

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
I went from being booked two weeks out to only booking 5 jobs in two weeks. As soon as we had a case of the virus in our county the phone quit ringing. Thankfully I have enough in the bank that I was saving for taxes that I could live on for 6 months or so.

Reactions: MikeGaure

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Ya wtf speaking of the damn robocalls... they have stopped completely. Almost creepy, it must have hit hard in .

According to an estimate by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018 influenza season, resulting in an estimated 810,000 flu-associated hospitalizations and an estimated 61,000 flu-associated deaths.Feb 26, 2020.
With that said, Covid 19 is just " rookie" , but you never know....

Reactions: Jim Davisson

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
So my state CT is shut down to nonessential business. I’ve postponed all residential but I have one commercial job a Yaht club that’s empty not used. Dunno if it’s still doable. I’d be by myself cleaning. Not sure if I should do it or not or what consequences would be.

If youll be alone, GO FOR IT!! youll definitely be socially distant

Reactions: PistolPete

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
If youll be alone, GO FOR IT!! youll definitely be socially distant
I’ve heard commercial cleaning with no one there should be fine but I’m not seeing it on state websites. Nothing..... not even janitorial. I’m gonna text my contact at the yacht club to confirm the appointment tomorrow. Shoot all this thought I’m putting in and she might be on lockdown herself and be looking to postpone also.