What PSI do you use? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What PSI do you use?

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Just curious what your guys recommended PSI is for everyday residential carpet? My TM was set at 350 when I got it, so that's what I have been using. I turned it up to 500psi today as I used my cx15, and when I had to switch back to my wand for some areas, I left it at 500 psi. I feel like I can do faster passes with the higher psi, also it seemed like I had more heat with the higher psi? Is that possible? So just curious what your thoughts are on PSI, other than I am going to use more water.

raw74

Mar 21, 2011
ga
Real Name
reggie
Business Location
United States
Just curious what your guys recommended PSI is for everyday residential carpet? My TM was set at 350 when I got it, so that's what I have been using. I turned it up to 500psi today as I used my cx15, and when I had to switch back to my wand for some areas, I left it at 500 psi. I feel like I can do faster passes with the higher psi, also it seemed like I had more heat with the higher psi? Is that possible? So just curious what your thoughts are on PSI, other than I am going to use more water.
I stay around 350 to 400 but it all depends on how bad the carpet.

Reactions: MD'z Floors & More

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
I'm using a prochem titanium wand, and I am guessing it has the stock jets in it. I will have to double check.

Ryan Kowal

Oct 21, 2015
Lubbock
Real Name
Ryan Kowal
Business Location
United States
With the sapphire 570 and the devpro wand been running at 500 psi seems to do great with a nice dry pass

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
400 ish.
Yes higher PSI will bring the flow to the wand quicker and water should be hotter if you have decent heat off the mount. Higher the PSI ... increases overwetting backing.
Can also leave pressure marks if you go to high on cut pile.

Gasoline

EcoTech Carpet Clean: The Green Choice
Premium VIP
Apr 11, 2011
PA
ecotechcarpetclean.com
Real Name
Robert Naples
Business Location
United States
Talking to my garage tech, he said his brother was a carpet cleaner for 35 years. Used nothing but Butler units. And his go to psi was 150-250. I was shocked.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Wow! 150-250 seems really low! How do you even get carpet clean at that low psi? Maybe he has some secret behind that low of pressure? I have 4 jets, but will have to check numbers on them.

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
So what makes a butler or a bane TM able to clean at that low of pressure that would work better than any other truckmount at a higher pressure? Or is that just there recomondation?

Reactions: carpettom

Tater

Jan 14, 2014
Real Name
Richard Whithers
So will more psi use more water as well? will a 2 jet wand use more water than 1 jet, or a 4 jet wand use more water than 2? I guess it all goes back to what else you do in the cleaning process. Chem, heat agitation ect. and to what degree. Im thinking like a 10 ph pre spray and crb to agitate, you can rinse with 150 psi. No crb or agitation, then im thinking a higher psi and more heat. Agree? input appreciated.