Direct Mail EDDM - What mailers do you use? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM What mailers do you use?

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
I was thinking about trying that, how much does it normally cost? Do they design them also?
All they do is deliver them for .16 per card. You design, print, sort (choose routes online), and drop off the cards at the post office(s) that is making the delivery.

Reactions: prokleen314

Luke S.

Sep 12, 2013
Minneapolis
www.lsmain.com
Real Name
Luke Stead
Business Location
United States
What kind of options do you have as fa
All they do is deliver them for .16 per card. You design, print, sort (choose routes online), and drop off the cards at the post office(s) that is making the delivery.
What kind of route options do you get when selecting your area, is it just by zip code or something ?

Responder

Sep 16, 2012
Pikesville, MD
Real Name
Chaim Kessler
Business Location
United States
Reactions: john gerding

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
You'll have to do a little research but in short the mail piece must fit the size requirements of a "flat". Make sure it is within specs because they measure it every time. The mail employees I've dealt with every time don't like accepting EDDM and they'll find every reason to send you packing. It can get expensive quick after factoring the cost of the mailers plus the postage, and from my experience with mailers, the results are not all you'd think they'd be. People are trained to throw away advertisements in the mail as soon as they see it.

I'd recommend your first mailing going to an area where you or a friend lives so you can confirm your stack of mailers went in mailboxes and not the dumpster out back behind the post office.

Reactions: aloha one

Dedicated

Feb 9, 2012
PA
www.1dedicated4u.com
Real Name
Shawn McCaulley
Business Location
United States
Last year I was doing postcards every month I got up to 600 in a month,150 a week, and got ZERO calls. These were the same cards I used in previous years with modest results. So I stopped altogether and I'm not sure if I will send out any or just to previous customers as reminders. I agree with coloradocleaner they may have been getting tossed in a dumpster.