What is your price per sf?? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What is your price per sf??

stuey4

Mar 11, 2015
Real Name
Brian Stuhlmiller
Just curious what other markets are charging per sf? Here, it seems to be anywhere from the low 20's to mid 30's. I was kinda shocked about the wide spread. I am going to start out at .30 even though popular guys in town are at .28 cents. Being new, should I be charging less than the bigger guys in town? I don't want to be the low guy in town, and I know being new and a business owner/operator, I am going to take pride in my work, and do the best job possible. Which I feel I can compete with the big dogs in town.

Jack

Oct 4, 2012
Washington
www.criticalcarpetcare.com
Real Name
Jack Jones
Business Location
United States
Hi Brian, good luck with your new business. I don't really care what others in my area are charging, I know what I have to have to make a decent profit. I do know from past experience that the cheaper you work the dirtier the carpets get. I think too that it depends on what your local community can afford to pay. I charge 25 cents per sq ft and am happy to get it. People around my area are not high income for the most part. 25 cent per sq ft nets me about $75.00-100.00 per hour when my equipment is running, and that's decent my IMO.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Just curious what other markets are charging per sf? Here, it seems to be anywhere from the low 20's to mid 30's. I was kinda shocked about the wide spread. I am going to start out at .30 even though popular guys in town are at .28 cents. Being new, should I be charging less than the bigger guys in town? I don't want to be the low guy in town, and I know being new and a business owner/operator, I am going to take pride in my work, and do the best job possible. Which I feel I can compete with the big dogs in town.
Just like in love... There's someone for everyone. Being a solo OO, you don't need to cater to the entire city and you couldn't if you tried.
The market for those who only care about quality is much smaller but so are you.
A good client base only requires 1-3 jobs per day.
I would experiment with whatever price you want and try your best to deliver the quality that justified the price.
Don't bother with what anyone else in yer area charges.
Most on this forum make this mistake and will end up eating cat food in their 70's.

Reactions: Enge

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States

What kind of marketing will you be doing and how is your budget??

earl804

May 16, 2014
York PA
www.susclean.com
Real Name
alex c
Business Location
United States
Im at .32 and that seems to be acceptable to most people in my area. If its commercial or empty large residential i will go lower. Does depend on the demographics of your area

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Let's say his cost is 10 cents per foot... What should he charge?
Remembering that yer cost per foot can vary widely from one job to the next given things like drive time, size of job and overall difficulty.

I think we should look at net income every month/quarter/year AFTER salary.
Actual and %

That is what affects my life more then anything.
No use in increasing price by $1 if costs go up by .90 cents too.

I want unearned income every month that i can then invest.
Weather i invest in my service business, land, stock market is secondary.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I think we should look at net income every month/quarter/year AFTER salary.
Actual and %

That is what affects my life more then anything.
No use in increasing price by $1 if costs go up by .90 cents too.

I want unearned income every month that i can then invest.
Weather i invest in my service business, land, stock market is secondary.
I think even for someone who's been at it a while, unless you've got a good tracking software and diligently enter every number, it's going to be tricky to know what your cost per foot is from one job to the next.
I guarantee this though,.. If he charges at least 35 cents, wall to wall, it's going to be hard not to have a lot of expendable income at the end of the month

Reactions: Gasoline

Jeff Marek

Aug 24, 2012
Real Name
Jeff Marek
Business Location
United States
.30cnts/sqft and at 400sqft/hour, 1000sqft in 2.5 hours.
$300.00 divided by 2.5 equals $120.00/Hr $20.00/Hr goes to fuel fund.
$100.00/Hr x 50%= $50.00/ Hr is my salary $50.00/Hr goes for ALL THE EXPONENTIALS!!
At the end of the year, baring a major catastrophe, 30% of any leftover EXPONENTIAL gets invested, 70% is added to my salary!!
I try to keep a low overhead, and minimize my travel.

Reactions: earl804

Maximum Carpet

May 22, 2014
www.maxcarpets.com
Real Name
Jeff Hasse
Business Location
United States
My cost per square foot is about 9 cents so I charge 8 cents and make it up in volume. I have been very busy and I think my low prices are responsible for it.

Reactions: Jpais