What is your preferred method of Encap cleaning?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I love bonnet cleaning, but I do vacuum the wheels off of it first. I have an orbiter with a tank and front mounted sprayer so I move quickly, but I will use a green or red pad first in some areas that need it before switching to Iron Man cotton bonnets then raking each room as I go. I don't post vacuum on most jobs, unless I think it really needs to be done. Some homes I HWE part and bonnet part, the job tells you what to do if you listen.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
I love bonnet cleaning, but I do vacuum the wheels off of it first. I have an orbiter with a tank and front mounted sprayer so I move quickly, but I will use a green or red pad first in some areas that need it before switching to Iron Man cotton bonnets then raking each room as I go. I don't post vacuum on most jobs, unless I think it really needs to be done. Some homes I HWE part and bonnet part, the job tells you what to do if you listen.
Why VLM and HWE the same job? once you have the hoses and wand inside, may as well just HWE the whole thing. Half the work is brining in your equipment, now you are doing it twice. Just curious to your rationale behind that.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Pet urine is the #1 reason for doing this. I don't mind bringing in my #43 orbiter to scrub on any job and it's so simple to just throw a bonnet on if needed and put half a gallon in the tank. For me it's no extra time spent really to do it.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I’m with Jim on this. I often do both on the same job. Let’s say it’s a two story with a older couple who never uses the top floor. Often I’ll vacuum it really well then hit it with encap and maybe my Oreck because it’s easier to bring up stairs verses using a 175. Then I’ll HWE downstairs. Gets me out faster, & I can invoice it out at a more reasonable rate.

BonnetPro

Oct 1, 2009
Pa
www.bonnetpro.com
Real Name
John Klucznik
Business Location
United States
I don't miss the days of dragging hose long distances and up stair towers or on the outside of an 8 story building. I would drop down a rope. Duck tape my 50foot hose connections I hope nobody walked below the hose. I don't think I would do that now.

Nov 18, 2018
Real Name
Ron Beaire
Scots tuff pro sounds like a lawn maintenance product lol
Scots tuff foam dry 2x is awesome stuff! We have recently purchased as many different Encapsulation products we could get our hands on to really put them all to the test! We have been giving them all a very fair test! I will post my results sometime in December! So far we have determined that there are about 4 to 6 products that compare and possibly a few that may slightly be better!!!

Tom Forsythe

Mar 20, 2006
Salt lake City, UT
One thing to remember in testing encap products is that there are two parts to the evaluation. What does it look like today and what does it look like a month from today? Our two primary encapsulation products are Encapluclean O2 and Encapuclean DS. Encapuclean O2 is the better cleaner, but Encapuclean DS will resist re-soiling for a longer period of time. There is a balance that needs to achieved in regard to initial cleaning and pace of re-soiling. For long term contracts, in my opinion, it is better to use a formula that resists re-soiling for a longer period of time. I would recommend that any new contracts start with extraction and are followed by encapsulation cleaning.