What is your preferred method of Encap cleaning?

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Starting out I have used a bonnet cleaner while pre-spraying the encap down. I found this method to be a little more time consuming than running the encap through the bonnet driver itself, but it saves on Chem and drys a bit quicker. I also am not a fan of Encap ONLY cleaning. I use it as a maintenance clean in between HWE for commercial and don't even offer it as a residential product.... Thoughts?

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Starting out I have used a bonnet cleaner while pre-spraying the encap down. I found this method to be a little more time consuming than running the encap through the bonnet driver itself, but it saves on Chem and drys a bit quicker. I also am not a fan of Encap ONLY cleaning. I use it as a maintenance clean in between HWE for commercial and don't even offer it as a residential product.... Thoughts?
I just bought a vibe and have never use a bonnet method any advice would be much appreciated

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
BonnetPro would probably be your best resource, but I used a CRB Brush Pro to encap residential carpet for a few years...on a light soiled/well maintained carpet it can do an OK job. Keep in mind you'll still need to use a pre-spray to help emulsify the soil but you will NOT be as efficient at pulling the dirt out.

I am however, finding great success in offering maintenance packages to commercial clients where we HWE once a year, and Encap 3 times a year. I don't really explain any of this to them upfront, most don't care, and carpets stay looking great and it gives us the repeat business we need. I can charge them a little less because Encap is much faster.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
BonnetPro would probably be your best resource, but I used a CRB Brush Pro to encap residential carpet for a few years...on a light soiled/well maintained carpet it can do an OK job. Keep in mind you'll still need to use a pre-spray to help emulsify the soil but you will NOT be as efficient at pulling the dirt out.

I am however, finding great success in offering maintenance packages to commercial clients where we HWE once a year, and Encap 3 times a year. I don't really explain any of this to them upfront, most don't care, and carpets stay looking great and it gives us the repeat business we need. I can charge them a little less because Encap is much faster.
Thanks I did just find out it don’t work on a rug on laminate flooring it’s sliding all over the place I had to try it out will putting the weaight on help

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Thanks I did just find out it don’t work on a rug on laminate flooring it’s sliding all over the place I had to try it out will putting the weaight on help

I see why they call it the vibe it vibrates bad and if I do an apprtment with it is it going to disturb the neighbors below

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Use sprayer to lay down solution. About 200 sqft ahead. Run buffer with fiber pad over section end to end. Switch to cotton bonnet then repeat that end to end while addressing spots as you go. Mix same chem only stronger in a spray bottle). I never liked the shampoo tank. Im actually going to pull mine off. It's too uneven leaving soaked spots. An electric sprayer with 5 gal capacity would be best. Or a machine with built in spray system.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Keep it clean, that was my issue with the shampoo tank, its nice for stripping VCT ( I like to run clean water through to help keep the floor wet while stripping) other wise it is a very uneven spray. My only thought is, when will it be worth the upgrade to a self spraying bonnet machine as compared to just taking the extra time and pre-spraying? The difference between a $700 buffer and a $4500 complete encap system is pretty extreme.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Keep it clean, that was my issue with the shampoo tank, its nice for stripping VCT ( I like to run clean water through to help keep the floor wet while stripping) other wise it is a very uneven spray. My only thought is, when will it be worth the upgrade to a self spraying bonnet machine as compared to just taking the extra time and pre-spraying? The difference between a $700 buffer and a $4500 complete encap system is pretty extreme.
I will be doing multiple floors tile also I have two buffers I went that way because I am a female and the big wheels makes it easier

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
OxiFreshGuy, I generally charge about 15-25% of my HWE bill for maintenance cleaning. What takes 4 guys 2 portables and 8 hours of wand work can be encapped by 1 in about an hour and a half. (We only encap what is accessible no furniture moving etc.) They feel like they save money, and I keep a nice source of income coming in. I usually encap monthly on my bigger jobs with 50-100 employees. quarterly for the smaller ones, and bi annually for those who do not have the budget, but are still trying to keep a nice appearance to their carpet.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I love doing CRB encapping in residences because of the pile-lifting action of the machine. It also does wonders on CGD with any sort of pattern in it. It's not method of choice if you've got deep soils (like lakes of pee) but for light cleaning and interim cleaning I cannot think of a better choice.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
I love doing CRB encapping in residences because of the pile-lifting action of the machine. It also does wonders on CGD with any sort of pattern in it. It's not method of choice if you've got deep soils (like lakes of pee) but for light cleaning and interim cleaning I cannot think of a better choice.
So you prefer the CRB to bonnet cleaning for residential only? I am playing around with offering Encap to my residential customers, as a cheaper and faster drying alternative. But having my guys run around with a Cimex, steam wand, upholstery tool, stair wand, edger, crevace tool etc, we are starting to really flood my vans with equipment.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
So you prefer the CRB to bonnet cleaning for residential only? I am playing around with offering Encap to my residential customers, as a cheaper and faster drying alternative. But having my guys run around with a Cimex, steam wand, upholstery tool, stair wand, edger, crevace tool etc, we are starting to really flood my vans with equipment.
My preference is CRB mostly because that's what I have the most experience with, lol. I've done bonnet but am not a super-fan of the swirlies left behind in the process (and I'm too lazy to groom them out). Plus I hate doing laundry and would rather vacuum!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
CRB does give the carpet a better "Appearance" as far as what Mama Fen is saying. I think in the BEST encap scenario possible, one would CRB with a pre-spray and then absorbent bonnet with an Encap solution. But again time is money....

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
If you got the cash and the jobs to justify getting one i would. But using sprayer not a pump up they are sloooooow lol. But a powered sprayer would be pretty fast. Some jobs use your best judgement you can get away without the prescrub and just bonnet. I dod ha e a spray system i built into my buffer not as nice as bonnet pro's. But it worked. It used the shampoo tank as reservoir. It was heavy and being mostly residential i removed it. Too heavy to be carrying up steps. Floor buffers never come with good wheels lol. Fine for commercial. But not geared for homes with stairs and landings.

Not hard to build one. 60 psi pump you can use icemaker line from box stores. Instead of trigger valve you can use toggle switch. A few ways to make it less complicated. And if it dont work? Put the pump on a tool box and drop pickup tube in any size bucket you want. And spray away :)
20181031_223934.jpg
20181031_224053.jpg

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
If you got the cash and the jobs to justify getting one i would. But using sprayer not a pump up they are sloooooow lol. But a powered sprayer would be pretty fast. Some jobs use your best judgement you can get away without the prescrub and just bonnet. I dod ha e a spray system i built into my buffer not as nice as bonnet pro's. But it worked. It used the shampoo tank as reservoir. It was heavy and being mostly residential i removed it. Too heavy to be carrying up steps. Floor buffers never come with good wheels lol. Fine for commercial. But not geared for homes with stairs and landings.

Not hard to build one. 60 psi pump you can use icemaker line from box stores. Instead of trigger valve you can use toggle switch. A few ways to make it less complicated. And if it dont work? Put the pump on a tool box and drop pickup tube in any size bucket you want. And spray away :) View attachment 80883 View attachment 80884
Thats a pretty nice set up. If I go that route I might mount a 5 gallin bucket to the head for extra weight and filling that solution tank is a pain on large jobs.

arrohmei

Oct 29, 2018
Real Name
Jeremy Priessman
Now since I only use Encap as maintenance, anytime there was a spot issue I would bring my spotting kit and extract the spot with a portable spotter. Is there a better way to spot using and encap product?

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Eating dinner with my son as I type. We just finished a house cleaning & encap job. Tell you what encap vs HWE, I’d rather encap any day. Blew through a entire rental house. It really needed to be HWE but the client did t want to pay more then $200 for the carpet, $200 for the house. My 11yr old son on a Oreck Orbitor, and me on the 17” 175 blew thru the encapping in about a hour. Used the new Rocket Encap, works great smells great and a tiny amt yields nice results!

Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Now since I only use Encap as maintenance, anytime there was a spot issue I would bring my spotting kit and extract the spot with a portable spotter. Is there a better way to spot using and encap product?
That pretty much is the way to do it. Some spots though come out better using bonnet and peroxide based encap. There are a few spotters that dont require rinsing. But you will find most do.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Eating dinner with my son as I type. We just finished a house cleaning & encap job. Tell you what encap vs HWE, I’d rather encap any day. Blew through a entire rental house. It really needed to be HWE but the client did t want to pay more then $200 for the carpet, $200 for the house. My 11yr old son on a Oreck Orbitor, and me on the 17” 175 blew thru the encapping in about a hour. Used the new Rocket Encap, works great smells great and a tiny amt yields nice results!
The two encaps ive used Robs, and Bonnet PROs new rocket, take most stains up quick and ez