What is your favorite tool on your truck and why?

Jun 18, 2008
Real Name
Glide Pro
Business Location
United States
My Glides. What eles would you expect me to say?

When something that costs around $100 makes your life easier,saves the wear and tear on your body, leaves the carpet dryer and cleaner, and saves you an average of $20,000+ per year using it I have trouble nominating anything else.:)

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Please explain how one saves so much$$$ using a glide/glides

Less fatigue x less back problems x less down time x time savings x time is money = $$$ saved

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Seeing everyone list their favorite tools made me realize that I need to by something to be my favorite.
The Sapphire Scientific tool is my new favorite. It out does the old style Hydramaster by a long shot. I never used the new Hydramaster so I can't comment on that. Although the old HM tool was the latest and greatest at the time it did have some problems on certain fabrics. The main thing I didn't like about it was the head of the tool was too narrow for my taste. Narrow means many, many more passes to get the job done. The SS tool I think is optimum width for upholstery work. I still keep my old tool in the van, but haven't used it since getting the SS tool. Production on upholstery is much better and results have been great so far.

I still want an electric reel. Some day I may break down and get one. Not satisfied with my current reel at all. Anything that makes things easier is a plus.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I plan on adding quite a few things to my new van set ups from here on out!

Loren Egland

Jun 18, 2008
Antioch, California 94509
Real Name
Loren Egland
In 1970 it was my SteamWay 400 portable. In 1978 it was my Steam Way Turbo-Matic truck mount. Then in 1985 the new Steam Way Hydro-Kinetic upholstery dry tool. Then came the Hydroforce inline sprayer, followed by the battery powered Multisprayer. After that was the Rotovac power wand. Greenglides on my wand was next. Finally this year I have the new Rotovac 360i Quad that is now my favorite tool by far.

Loren Egland

Jun 18, 2008
Antioch, California 94509
Real Name
Loren Egland
In 1970 it was my SteamWay 400 portable. (I was the only one in a town of 50,000 that had the new steam cleaning process) In 1978 it was my Steam Way Turbo-Matic truck mount. (nothing would out clean it with that kerosene steam generator and number 5 blower with 2.5 inch vac hose and system. Even had auto pump out) Then in 1985 the new Steam Way Hydro-Kinetic upholstery dry tool. (It revolutionized upholstery cleaning by using the power of a truck mount rather than by-passing it. Cleaned faster, better, dryer, safer and no overspray) Then came the Hydroforce inline sprayer, (fast efficient way to apply heated prespray) followed by the battery powered Multisprayer. (Cordless even spraying of protection and other liquids) After that was the Rotovac power wand. (easier way to build heat to fibers and restore carpet pile and to give more cleaning passes on heavily soiled carpet) Greenglides on my wand was next. (made wanding so much easier on this aging body) Finally this year I have the new Rotovac 360i Quad that is now my favorite tool by far. (Cleans as well as the RV powerwand but leaves it dryer and is just as light weight. Easier to use than either the powerwand or a wanded glide. It is fun to use and will extend my carpet cleaning life. I am entering my 45th year as an owner operator)