What is your Car Detailing Price structure?

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
What is your Car Detailing Price structure? What do you charge for RVs, trailers, cars, SUVs, vans, pickups etc? Do you have several levels of service?

johnp94

May 11, 2010
San Diego
Real Name
john
Business Location
United States
I do not have different levels of service. I only detail around 15 cars per year. I mostly car wash. I detailed a Mercedes SUV today four hrs of work I charged $100.00 but it is a regular customer. I detail there three cars twice per year and I do full carpet cleaning in there house. Other cars that take me 2- 2 and a half hours I charge $60.00 if it takes me under two hours I charge $50.00

Chiquillo

Sep 6, 2008
South Baja / Mexico
Real Name
Osvaldo Trasvina
Business Location
Mexico
I have the very basic / Carpet,Seats,Door panels & Dashboard clean up and exterior hand wash for & $70 to $90dls

A heavier car or truck to clean / more carpet & seats stains, gum removal, a little bit more detail job $125 to $150dls

Once Adding exterior work like Clay Bar / Machine polish $125dls more

You can charge soo many Adds on to a FULL DETAIL JOB: Headlights restoration, Ceiling cleaning,Set of seat-belts, Chrome polish, Fade plastic trims - detail,Hard water spots remove on Windows & Exterior Paint,Hood & Engine Wash & fully detail,All plastics & Vinyl fully clean & Protected

man there are lots of things you can do in a Car / to call a FULL DETAIL? Did you mean all this? I have done FULL DETAILS just like this
it ain't easy, tons of hours. + different Toys to do all this!!!!!!!!!!! 676A0866.JPG :cool:

Swede

Mar 25, 2015
Real Name
Mike Swenson
Concourse Detailing brings a good price, but the application processes are tedious and lengthy. The skill level needed to do that type of work I suppose is crucial. I like automobiles of every kind, detailing them sound like something I should learn and pursue. Pricing the services is another thing! Hey good luck with everything.

Thanks
Mike

Davey Cracker

Nov 6, 2009
LB, CAliforina
Real Name
DT
Business Location
United States
I do not have different levels of service. I only detail around 15 cars per year. I mostly car wash. I detailed a Mercedes SUV today four hrs of work I charged $100.00 but it is a regular customer. I detail there three cars twice per year and I do full carpet cleaning in there house. Other cars that take me 2- 2 and a half hours I charge $60.00 if it takes me under two hours I charge $50.00

That is insanely cheap!!!.....especially here in So Cal. But I guess if you're ok with so little money, more power to yea!

I just paid a pro auto detailer guy $180 to detail my van, cab area inside and all of outside, including rubbing out to remove oxidation and waxing it. And paid $180, which I thought was cheap for the 4+ hours he worked on it.

Savagecynic

Jan 14, 2015
Tucson
Real Name
Ivan T
You need to charge more. I'm in an area heavily saturated with cheap labor (Tucson, AZ) and get away with $95 for a sedan. SUV's and trucks take exactly as much time as you described so I'd charge more so it doesn't average $25/hr but more $40/50 /he especially in the summer

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
I have the very basic / Carpet,Seats,Door panels & Dashboard clean up and exterior hand wash for & $70 to $90dls

A heavier car or truck to clean / more carpet & seats stains, gum removal, a little bit more detail job $125 to $150dls

Once Adding exterior work like Clay Bar / Machine polish $125dls more

You can charge soo many Adds on to a FULL DETAIL JOB: Headlights restoration, Ceiling cleaning,Set of seat-belts, Chrome polish, Fade plastic trims - detail,Hard water spots remove on Windows & Exterior Paint,Hood & Engine Wash & fully detail,All plastics & Vinyl fully clean & Protected

man there are lots of things you can do in a Car / to call a FULL DETAIL? Did you mean all this? I have done FULL DETAILS just like this car detailing washington dc
it ain't easy, tons of hours. + different Toys to do all this!!!!!!!!!!! View attachment 9134 :cool:
I was asked to detail a Jeep Cherokee, I gave her a few options... Wash, Clay & Wax - $75 Wash, Clay, Buff & Wax - $300 Interior - $50-75 (depending on condition) She didn't like the prices very much and got in a huge argument with me and said she'd shop around for a lower price. I kind of chuckled and said "Cheapest isn't always the best, especially with cars" and left it at that. I know a place in our town that charges in the, same order as above, $125, $500 and $75. Am I charging way to much or is she just tight with money? I feel like I am cheap from Labor, Product Cost and what not... What do you guys charge?

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I was asked to detail a Jeep Cherokee, I gave her a few options... Wash, Clay & Wax - $75 Wash, Clay, Buff & Wax - $300 Interior - $50-75 (depending on condition) She didn't like the prices very much and got in a huge argument with me and said she'd shop around for a lower price. I kind of chuckled and said "Cheapest isn't always the best, especially with cars" and left it at that. I know a place in our town that charges in the, same order as above, $125, $500 and $75. Am I charging way to much or is she just tight with money? I feel like I am cheap from Labor, Product Cost and what not... What do you guys charge?
Call your spam co and ask what they charge.

Reactions: Kevin Dumas