What is your best form of Advertising ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What is your best form of Advertising ?

JKM

Jan 29, 2013
Real Name
Henry
I have said it before in a similar thread that Craigslist works awesome for us, but that maybe because we specialize in House Cleaning. Craigslist is the only advertising we have done in the past 2 years, besides a new Facebook ad we are currently experimenting with, which doesnt seem worth the $5 a day so far. We are doing that to try to get more likes.
Honestly Craigslist works so well for us we run the post and within a day we get a few calls. Jen actually just told me to take the ad down because we are getting too many calls. We are currently booked solid and can't handle any more work for the 2 of us, having to work Saturdays. We are in the pickle right now of trying to find a reliable employee so we won't have to turn anymore work away.
Besides Craigslist we get a lot of referral work and have a reputation in town of being expert cleaners:eek:)
wow that's really awesome. I've never heard of craigslist ever doing that well. keep it up :)

Ryankettering

Jan 9, 2013
Real Name
Ryan kettering
I have said it before in a similar thread that Craigslist works awesome for us, but that maybe because we specialize in House Cleaning. Craigslist is the only advertising we have done in the past 2 years, besides a new Facebook ad we are currently experimenting with, which doesnt seem worth the $5 a day so far. We are doing that to try to get more likes.
Honestly Craigslist works so well for us we run the post and within a day we get a few calls. Jen actually just told me to take the ad down because we are getting too many calls. We are currently booked solid and can't handle any more work for the 2 of us, having to work Saturdays. We are in the pickle right now of trying to find a reliable employee so we won't have to turn anymore work away.
Besides Craigslist we get a lot of referral work and have a reputation in town of being expert cleaners:eek:)
how many competitors are you up against in your area on Craigslist?

Apr 7, 2009
Central PA (814) Area Code
Real Name
Chad Smith & Jennifer Fogleman
Business Location
United States
wow that's really awesome. I've never heard of craigslist ever doing that well. keep it up :)
A lot of people on here don't like Craigslist but it works awesome for us. For example Last fall we got a new customer from it and after meeting us she didn't even want references. Since November she has already referred us to 2 of her co workers and just today we did a job for one of them. She was telling us how she was supposed to call us cause we are the experts.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
I tried facebook but got nothing from it. I tried a multitude of ads and nothing worked on facebook. Each time my campaign ended on facebook, they demanded that I raise my daily spending to have my ads show. I finally nixed facebook all together. I have found that strategic partnerships and word of mouth advertising works wonders. Just do a great job of cleaning and you are ahead of the game. Most carpet cleaners are so worried about moving to the next job that they do a poor job. Quality always sells!

kmdowney

Premium VIP
Mar 28, 2013
Overland Park, KS
kdreports.com
Real Name
Kevin Downey
1. Existing Customers / Word of mouth / Referrals / Door-to-Door Sales
2. Radio & TV (Big Budgets Only) - Only works if you go big with it IMO
3. Search (seo / adwords)
4. Door Drops