What is the name of the $500 area rug cleaning book?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have a copy if you want to pick one up. It is written by Aaron Groseclose and Ellen Amirkhan called "Comprehensive Guide to Oriental & Specialty Rug Cleaning".

LisaWagner

Aug 27, 2008
San Diego
Real Name
Lisa Wagner
Business Location
United States
Here's the link on Dusty's site for the book:

http://www.rugbadger.com/ultimate-rug-guide.html

It used to be $395 - I'm not sure why it went up a hundred bucks, but perhaps to create a margin to give to resellers of it.

The book is framed around the entire MasterBlend product line - which are not the only chemicals to use for rugs. I always wondered since there is so much specific product promotion why there would not be an offset of the price as a result.

It's a good book. Ellen is great. And Masterblend has some good chemicals - but there are some others I like more.

Dusty might give you a deal. I'm sure he has some extras.

Lisa

Dusty

Oct 2, 2008
Victoria BC canada
www.therughub.com
Real Name
Stephen (DUSTY) Roberts
Business Location
Canada
Thanks Lisa, yes I do still have a couple of the Comp gudes left with a discount and they are the expanded and much better second edition! Just call me and I will set you up. 866 885 7847

Oh yeah Lisa, the book has always been 495. except on special deals that I arranged with the authors and it often sells used on ebay for even more. I have no idea why you would say this misinformation about the Comp guide as you know it was always 495, from the get go. Regarding it having "product placement" of the Masterblend line, well that is hardly visible and what is wrong with that even if it was in your face? Last time I checked free enterprize and making money was a good thing,, right?

What I don't get from you Lisa is why it is OK for you to be a "paid" spokesperson for a competitive,new and unproven brand of "WoolSafe" juices, but somehow it is wrong for Aaron Groseclose and Ellen Amirkhan to sell their guide and lightly promote the well proven and respected line of the Masterblend WoolSafe formulas

Alex Babaian CRA

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
Real Name
Alex Babaian CRA
Business Location
United States
I get what Lisa is saying Dusty. Frankly no product advertising is worth $400 or $500. If you want to show people how to use your product and they want to pay for this well more power to them but I would never pay for something that promotes a product line. Biggest problem with handmade is that you are never quite sure just what it is made of. Silk or Rayon or Mercerized cotton is it wool and if so is the dye set. If the dye is set is it set all over or just one spot? Did the previous cleaner use and abuse with too much soap? Best thing to do is go to a resale shop and buy some ragged Old Persian type carpets and run some test. Peter Stone “Oriental Rug Repair” has a book that cost maybe $60 to $80 and has a nice section on cleaning Persian rugs but even more important you will have a great reference on fiber.

tom patnode

Premium VIP
Jun 8, 2008
San Diego
renaissance-carpet.com
Real Name
Tom Patnode
I get what Lisa is saying Dusty. Frankly no product advertising is worth $400 or $500. If you want to show people how to use your product and they want to pay for this well more power to them but I would never pay for something that promotes a product line. Biggest problem with handmade is that you are never quite sure just what it is made of. Silk or Rayon or Mercerized cotton is it wool and if so is the dye set. If the dye is set is it set all over or just one spot? Did the previous cleaner use and abuse with too much soap? Best thing to do is go to a resale shop and buy some ragged Old Persian type carpets and run some test. Peter Stone “Oriental Rug Repair” has a book that cost maybe $60 to $80 and has a nice section on cleaning Persian rugs but even more important you will have a great reference on fiber.
lol this thread is 3 years old between posts.