What is the make up of your business.

Alan Wirth

Nov 13, 2007
I'm curious what the percentages are of the various services you offer? Our carpet cleaning makes up about 20% of our business, ceramic tile about 5%, stone restoration 30%, Vct strip and wax, scrub and wax about 40%, and the remaining 5% is wood cleaning and upholstery cleaning. We use to do area rug cleaning where the customer could drop it off at my office but after looking at the numbers and profit we only do it at the customers house now. I'm also curious if different parts of the country make a difference of the make up of a company?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
I don't think the area of the country where you are located make the difference as much as what areas you decide to pursue.

VCT is going to be a lot of commercial work. We did that at one time, but decided to focus more on residential and less late night work. At another time our company decided to go after water damage restoration. The balance of our work changed which each of those decisions.

Reactions: Scott Kaun

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
were about 55% carpet, 35% stone/tile/grout, 5% rugs, and not much upholstery lately.

raised our prices on upholstery and honestly all of us hate doing it so no love lost.

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
60% Carpet in Home 25% rug washing 10% Upholstery 5% VCT/Tile

Alan Wirth

Nov 13, 2007
We do a lot of work in homes on the inter coastal and beaches and they have lots of stone, travertine mainly.
In Tampa any house built in the mid 50's to early 60's has terrazzo in it which I would say are in the 10's of thousands of house.
We do some sort of terrazzo job just about every week.
As for Vct we do over a hundred different doctors offices each year and we usually do it on a day that that the doctor is out of the office so those are almost always during the day.

Reactions: Scott W

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
90% resi Carpets
8% tile grout
2% commercial

puffinnuggins

Sep 10, 2016
Real Name
Jeff Keeven
30% carpet, 20% area rugs, 10% ceramic tile, 10% natural Stone, 10% upholstery, 20% airducts, all together 50/50 residential and commercial.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Here in NC from March (when the weather breaks and tax returns start hitting) till Christmas a perfect mix of residential carpet, upholstery and area rugs. From September to Christmas mainly carpet at first then leaning towards carpet and upholstery the closer to the fake ass people start to invite family over for the holidays. After Christmas pray for water damage because everyone is up to their eyeballs in debt from proving there love Christmas day (no disposable income for you round eye lol)... PM and commercial will carry you through your darkest hour in a mild winter.

After 23 years on my own the best advice I have is don't ever keep all your eggs in one basket... diversify.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Amen on diversity
Just bought a hydraforce no jet no trigger upholstery tool.....

Great tool
It is half the labor
And half the dry time
Did upholstery on almost every house the last month....
Great add-on
Almost doubles my home prices