ASA - What is the best way to get into Janitorial ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

ASA What is the best way to get into Janitorial ?

spotman123

Jan 3, 2010
new york
Real Name
spot man
Business Location
United States
1st: Thanks for starting the Janitorial forum. 2nd I don't do janitorial but have been asked a few times over the years to do so. It was mainly from the commercial carpet cleaning jobs i obtained. That's where i would first start, since you already have your foot in the door. Perhaps mention to them you have added this service, or mail them a letter stating the fact... wayne

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States
Seems the longer you survive in business the more word gets around. We have great self standing insurance policies; most companies use payroll services which if your employee steals everything your company has the insurance fight is sure to be a long one and will least likely produce any settlement. I have high dollar bonding also; the standard is $5,000 I tender a $25,000 bond for employees. Also when you hire an employee it helps to keep them in line when you show them the weapon you'd use to kill them with if they screw you or your customers over. Just kidding; I never show them the weapon!!!;)

Seems the longer you survive in business the more word gets around. We have great self standing insurance policies; most companies use payroll services which if your employee steals everything your company has the insurance fight is sure to be a long one and will least likely produce any settlement. I have high dollar bonding also; the standard is $5,000 I tender a $25,000 bond for employees. Also when you hire an employee it helps to keep them in line when you show them the weapon you'd use to kill them with if they screw you or your customers over. Just kidding; I never show them the weapon!!!;)
Lol, tell the truth, you do show them.

Mick

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
Hey Rick where have you been? Nice to see you on a forum again.

Ubid

Dec 26, 2012
Oklahoma City
www.u-bid.biz
Cold calling, some BD to BD (business door) is always helpful establishing relationship with your local business owners and property managers. I would often pick a prospective client each week and treat them to lunch. Get to know them, their complaints and likes of their current service provider. It takes money to make money, and if spending an extra $15-20 on lunch to put myself in a better position is always a plus. A lot of Janitorial companies drop the ball by not staying in touch and in tune with their clients. Golfing, Bringing their office donuts, etc. will help keep your client happy and willing to forgive small mistakes made by your crew here and there.

Roy W.
U-Bid

www.ajmnino.com

Mar 25, 2013
North Jersey
Two good ways i would consider would be:

1) Register with your local and state governments and visit their Procurement websites daily for bidding opportunities, they are always looking to hire local business, especially in Janitorial.

2) Try to gain clients by working with a great Janitorial & Sanitary Supplier like www.ajmnino.comand use the products such as paper, can liners, chemical dispensing systems to get a foot in the door as a supply company then you can begin to build relationships. PLenty of Janitorial Services companies have started through selling janitorial supplies.

Hope it helps,
John
AJM Nino Corp - Home

Ronny12

Nov 8, 2013
www.cleaningproducts.eu
Real Name
Ronny Smith
You need to attend a few weeks of training that is all. You will learn proper cleaning, how to handle and store materials, safety, and such things like that.

tracyfox

Feb 5, 2014
I don't know if i will called my self as an janitor cause in my place i am working in a cleaning services in Finland and they called it sopimussiivous and the fact that we are not getting lead we are having a customer through satisfaction which lead to recruitment.

infosb4b

Aug 30, 2018
Real Name
Ella Harrison
Thanks for your post.

Infos B4B is an evolving B2B Data Service Provider, helping the customer with the popular and latest marketing trends to promote their services and product. We have different marketing services such as Buy Email List, Buy Mailing List and Buy B2B Mailing Lists.

Visit: https://www.infosb4b.com/