What is fels bar?

Mikey34

Sep 23, 2011
va
Real Name
mike Parkinson
Business Location
United States
Fels naphtha, yellow bar of soap, a lot of guys use it as a general spotter.

Majestic

Mar 3, 2013
Surprise, Arizona
www.magnificentfloors.com
Real Name
Mike Maughan
Business Location
United States
It really doesn't 'replace' any spotters. It's a great go to for those with less knowledge on what stain remover to use in what situation. Instead, you can rub in some Fels, Nike shuffle it, and then hit it with the wand in a few minutes and it will take out many stains, I use them just for simplicity, Took out Black perm. marker on light brown carpet in nothing flat. So whatever Bio Break with Citra solve doesn't take out, I rub some of this on it. Works pretty good. Helps newer techs provide great cleaning.

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
It is a spot remover for textiles and we are cleaning oh um textiles so what is there to not like about it?

mrcarpet

Dec 6, 2009
Columbia, MO
www.maxcaremark.com
Real Name
Rob Decker
Business Location
United States
Fels-Naptha is a soap/solvent. According to the information from a chemist that I know, there exists a single bond between the soap and the solvent portion of the product. This single bond can be easily broken, thus the solvent affects the stain, but allows the soap to stay on the fiber and becomes terribly difficult to rinse completely away.
For this reason, I have stopped using this product. To replace it, I have begun using a powerful solvent alone.

davenjai

Dec 16, 2009
Peachtree City, GA
Real Name
David Tassa
Business Location
United States
I have almost stopped using spotters since trying it. It rules on oil, grease, ink, filtration and mystery spots. You must rinse it and rinse it some more. Give me some fels, a solvent (for gum), rust remover, red relief and 99% of all spots are gone.

Reactions: Majestic

Majestic

Mar 3, 2013
Surprise, Arizona
Real Name
Mike Maughan
Business Location
United States
I have almost stopped using spotters since trying it. It rules on oil, grease, ink, filtration and mystery spots. You must rinse it and rinse it some more. Give me some fels, a solvent (for gum), rust remover, red relief and 99% of all spots are gone.
What is "filtration" I keep hearing about? Not familiar with it's terminology on here.

Apr 7, 2009
Central PA (814) Area Code
Real Name
Chad Smith & Jennifer Fogleman
Business Location
United States
What is "filtration" I keep hearing about? Not familiar with it's terminology on here.
Filtration soil is usually along the edges of the carpet near the basebords or under doors etc where the air flows. It looks like gray or black lines and is quite difficult to remove with regular pre spray.

Majestic

Mar 3, 2013
Surprise, Arizona
Real Name
Mike Maughan
Business Location
United States
Filtration soil is usually along the edges of the carpet near the basebords or under doors etc where the air flows. It looks like gray or black lines and is quite difficult to remove with regular pre spray.

Ok, I was thinking along those lines but I didn't know. Thank you for the confirmation and knowledge. :) I was calling it rub line/edge lining. Man was I wrong. lol