What Is Clean?

iluvcarpet2

Jan 4, 2009
idaho
Real Name
matt mitchell
Business Location
United States
One thing that was said at connections that stuck with me is what is really clean? A lot of people think if it looks clean that it is really clean but after doing a commercial job last night with encap and hot water it looked very clean but after runing a white cloth over the carpet we still got soil transfer. So what is really clean? Also what is the best last step to do with carpet cleaning? I am thinking of getting a 175 and post bonnet to help dry and get more soil up. What do you guys think is the best last step?:AddEmoticons04233:

UFgatorHarv

Sep 5, 2010
TX
Real Name
Chris Harvey
Business Location
United States
That's a really good question. I'm disappointed no one else responded, becaue I'd like to hear what guys who have been doing this for a long time have to say.

For my .02, when I clean my house, I keep going till a white towel stays white when I step on it... but that's not hard to accomplish. At a restaurant or commercial account, I'm pretty sure they are more concerned with it looking clean rather than actually being clean.

T

TheEyeball

Clean is subjective. If my customer is happy then it's clean. I'm not going to get out a microscope and check, and white towel tests are ridiculous. Let me put it this way, I'd lick the carpet after most of the jobs I do. I'm thinking about making my slogan "I'll Put My Mouth Where Your Money Is!"

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Clean is subjective. If my customer is happy then it's clean. I'm not going to get out a microscope and check, and white towel tests are ridiculous. Let me put it this way, I'd lick the carpet after most of the jobs I do. I'm thinking about making my slogan "I'll Put My Mouth Where Your Money Is!"

I agree . Clean is as clean as you can get it and the customer is happy.. Good post!

leofry

Feb 12, 2009
bardstown kentucky
Real Name
john rogers
I use the words it will be cleaner ... CLEANER... so do a lot of other compainies... the truth is I think some of the places could be cleaned 3 are 4 times, at lest twice to reaslly really clean it... I am trying to give them a cleaner home and a healher home.. I think I am doing that.. if its a wreck I tell them it could be cleaned more than once... just like if you drive a truck through mud never washed it for 10 years once through the car wash is not enough.... and I dont want to soak the carpets so sometimes its lets clean it see how it does and yes we may need to do it again... well see...

Dave Y

Carpet Cleaner
Jul 14, 2008
Real Name
Dave Yokum
Business Location
United States
The only way to really clean a carpet would be to dislodge the carpet. Take it to a cleaning plant and give it repeated submersion cleaning and rincing.

Then reinstall the carpet.

That is how carpets used to be cleaned many years ago.

Somehow it was found to be impractical.

THe good old days?

Glad we are just cleaners.

A much lower bar to reach.