What is best "In-line" 2000+ Watt Electric Heater?

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I have heard that the Volcano is one of the best because it is capable of holding/containing more water, therefore it has more readily available hot water....just what i have heard.

I have heard that mytee's 2000 watt in-line heater is the best because of it's various wattage settings (5-watts thru 20-watts).

Which one will provide 200+ degrees of hot water being used from a conventional wand?

Which one do you feel is best....why?

Your replies will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thank you!;)

ac

Willy P

Oct 3, 2008
North Vancouver, B.C.
Real Name
Willy Parsons
KleenRite: HeatRite 2 [39011] - Heaters - Parts & Accessories

3250 watts, 2 cords - can be run on one but 2 is the shiznit, burned fingers on the fittings. 2000 watts won't keep up with much flow, why the extra 1250 does, I dunno but I've owned both and the 2 cord wins, hands down. I have 2 of these and daisy chained them once in a place long on circuits, but short on hot water with a 5 gallon tank. Cold water turned really hot by the time it hit the carpet. The weak point is the Selco thermostats that go once a year with heavy use, but instead of spending $25 on them from Kleenrite, I found them locally for $3 each. I also stuck in higher temp (220) auxiliary thermostats, so my temps get high enough to melt candle wax. I'm doing my rugby team's clubhouse later today and I'll post pics.

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
KleenRite: HeatRite 2 [39011] - Heaters - Parts & Accessories

3250 watts, 2 cords - can be run on one but 2 is the shiznit, burned fingers on the fittings. 2000 watts won't keep up with much flow, why the extra 1250 does, I dunno but I've owned both and the 2 cord wins, hands down. I have 2 of these and daisy chained them once in a place long on circuits, but short on hot water with a 5 gallon tank. Cold water turned really hot by the time it hit the carpet. The weak point is the Selco thermostats that go once a year with heavy use, but instead of spending $25 on them from Kleenrite, I found them locally for $3 each. I also stuck in higher temp (220) auxiliary thermostats, so my temps get high enough to melt candle wax. I'm doing my rugby team's clubhouse later today and I'll post pics.

That's AWESOME....Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
That is the one I was telling you about on the phone looks nice.

Hey Tyler, I remember that now....Thanks, it does have a nice look to it.

One thing I need to be very careful of is insuring that the "in-line" pressure washer pump can handle that heat....I'll check with Jeff E., he'll know.

Thanks!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I have heard that the Volcano is one of the best because it is capable of holding/containing more water, therefore it has more readily available hot water....just what i have heard.

I have heard that mytee's 2000 watt in-line heater is the best because of it's various wattage settings (5-watts thru 20-watts).

Which one will provide 200+ degrees of hot water being used from a conventional wand?

Which one do you feel is best....why?

Your replies will be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thank you!;)

ac

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how in the world did I start advertising for a 'infrared" heating Company....how did that picture magically appear on my post????

I sure as heck didn't put that there when I started this thread....hmmmmmmm????

I got all excited when I saw the picture, turns out it will not even heast water for CC, i know someone that has a heater like that actually.

Thanks!;)

ac

Willy P

Oct 3, 2008
North Vancouver, B.C.
Real Name
Willy Parsons
Here's a few pics I promised of the Kleenrite

101_0356.jpg

Yesterday I was doing an office with a 5 gallon water heater. I daisy chained my 2 heaters together- plenty hot, but 4 cords just for heat. One of the heaters is really old school , but I pulled the melted circuit board and had disc thermostats put in.
101_0375.jpg

101_0377.jpg

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Here's a few pics I promised of the Kleenrite

101_0356.jpg

Yesterday I was doing an office with a 5 gallon water heater. I daisy chained my 2 heaters together- plenty hot, but 4 cords just for heat. One of the heaters is really old school , but I pulled the melted circuit board and had disc thermostats put in.
101_0375.jpg

101_0377.jpg

Willy,

I could just get the Kleenrite 3250 and still be good-to-go, right?

Or do I need both to get exceptional heat?

Thanks!

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
I use a buscket heater in the tank and a 2000 watt heater makes good hot water but auto fill keeps tank from getting about 120 so no pump prob. I like willies heater though; gonna get one soon.

Ricky, are you talking about getting the Kleenrite one that is 3250 only, or daisy chaining (2) seperate heaters like Willp P.?

I'm Hoping that the 3250 Kleenrite would produce AWESOME temperatures by itself.

I understand you rigged a 200-watt up so that produced some great temperatures?

Look forward to your reply!

Thanks!;)

ac

Willy P

Oct 3, 2008
North Vancouver, B.C.
Real Name
Willy Parsons
One heater will give you piping hot as the "steam" picture is with the gray unit. I used 2 yesterday as the hot water heater was only 5 gallons.I used a bucket heater in a 2 1/2 gallon bucket to bring up the temp when filling as it gave me 7 1/2 gallons of hot which equaled into 15 gallons of warmish. The Kleenrite sisters did the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
One heater will give you piping hot as the "steam" picture is with the gray unit. I used 2 yesterday as the hot water heater was only 5 gallons.I used a bucket heater in a 2 1/2 gallon bucket to bring up the temp when filling as it gave me 7 1/2 gallons of hot which equaled into 15 gallons of warmish. The Kleenrite sisters did the rest.

Gotcha....THANKS AGAIN!;)

Any chance of some video in the future on your set-up would be awesome!;)

ac

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
As soon as I get my custom unit done......... I'll show you a REAL beast with a general pump and 4 two stage vacs, but It will be a one off because of the costs associated with it.

"but It will be a one off because of the costs associated with it."

What does this mean?

Are you building a ETM or Portable?

Look forward to seeing it!

Also, what is a general pump all about....I think this is the pump that Ken Harris will switch to.

Thanks!;)

ac

Willy P

Oct 3, 2008
North Vancouver, B.C.
Real Name
Willy Parsons
I like the 220 degree limit switch. It's only running 35 feet from the heater, so yes, burns happen and VERY hot!- and no over boiling, explosions because of pressure, cooked hose, cooked valves,- I'm working with 4 or 5 cords and electricity, so safety first. Works good though!
(old Kleenrite)

cleen3.jpg

sabrpilot

Albert Clark
Aug 6, 2011
S.C.
Real Name
albert clark
Business Location
United States
Well actually a repair shops near my house did the wiring, he removed all thermo switches and straight wired it once it starts heating it doesn't slow down. Once your dry swiper are done, the water Nearly instantly is hot again. My tech burned him self twice so far.

Wow, with a 2000=watt....right?

That's pretty awesome!

Thanks!:)

ac