What gross # per year for O/O to sustain success? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What gross # per year for O/O to sustain success?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I've heard many say the magic number is 100k+. Do you agree? If not, why not?

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
Like asking what prespray you use!!! or what vac, or what truck, or porty --------------
No consistent reply.

Shoot , maybe it depends on the other half!(my smile would not load!)

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
100-120k
is definitely a good starting point, anything after that is extra.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
What is your cost of doing business per month? What are your living expenses per month?

A very wise man once informed me what wealth was and how to get it. If you make 100k per year you always believe 200k a year is wealthy. Nothing wrong with it at all, but wealth is subjective and there isn't a right answer.

I will make myself an example, I haven't paid on iron in years, I do all bookkeeping and taxes, I do all maintenance and build all our equipment, I spend zero dollars on advertising, I answer all calls, my cost of business is $1-2 per hour plus fuel to and from the job, I have zero aspirations of being a fleet operation, I love tackling the tough jobs that make me think everyday and not just zombie through the type jobs and most of all I love my free time fishin or with my family.

You are in charge of exactly what you want from your business, don't be a drone.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Our current goal is $150,000 per truck, with 4 trucks that is some good $$$

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
My point is many cleaners have said 100,000 or more a year is the sustaining point for virtually all cleaners to succeed for longevity. Agree?

Reactions: ACP

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Assuming he spends his money wisely I'd assume $100,000 is very comfortable

Reactions: rob allen

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Totally dependent on where you live and what your priorities are. Impossible to answer.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
if you are in toronto canada 100k is nothing. condos are over 400k, for a decent house in a decent place the homes starts from 750k. comfortable income is 200k plus. i never thought i would be a millionaire one day but my house value is at 1.3 million currently. it all depends where you are.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
if you are in toronto canada 100k is nothing. condos are over 400k, for a decent house in a decent place the homes starts from 750k. comfortable income is 200k plus. i never thought i would be a millionaire one day but my house value is at 1.3 million currently. it all depends where you are.
Crazy prices. I refuse too live in those areas.

we enjoy Rural America and our easy comfortable lifestyles. big cities are for visiting too us thats all

that's over $320k lower Than what $1.3mil is here in the USA

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
We have been able to reduce our expenses over the years so we do not require as much money each month for expenses.

We have no credit card or loan debt at all. We have our personal property and a nice rental property, and our shop that are all paid for. We have 2 vans and 2 truckmounts - paid for, 2 cars - paid for, and a complete cabinet shop full of woodworking equipment - paid for.

I am just trying to make a point - money in - money out.

I think $100,000 a year is plenty, but I'm now semi-retired!

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
My point is many cleaners have said 100,000 or more a year is the sustaining point for virtually all cleaners to succeed for longevity. Agree?
I don't want to take shots, especially not at you. Can you go over @Jim Davisson post first and then see that you've used
100K, virtually, sustainable , succeed and longevity in one sentence?
Sustainable- market is ever changing monster. Praying for my restaurants to stay afloat for a long time.
Succeed- I went today to jewelry store to fix wife's 5 carat CZ, got homemade food from great deli, got some parts for my van and fixed the issues, spent $68 in Harbor
Freight.
100K- 2 jobs a day for a rest of the year. I'm booked until 12/19.
Trying to be humble, when politely declining a few jobs a week, because I'm pushing guality over quality .
Longevity- If I'm amongst the lucky ones to wake up tomorrow morning, I'll call @Jim Davisson and beg him to take me on one of his fishing trips, so I can learn how to relax.
Hardship is relative, so is success...
Just another day on TMF..

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
$100,000 is a crazy easy amount in the first year. $100,000 is nothing however if you have tons of expenses. Crazy how many guys are making so much $$$ yet are so broke after “decades” of doing this.

Allred

Dec 10, 2017
Real Name
Erich Allred
I just got done reading the book "Profit First". Seems to be a very dependable strategy to transform my business to always be profitable and know where my business is bleeding in real time. Good way to capture income that is going everywhere else but in my pocket! Give it a read or listen on Audible. Highly recommend it.