What do you use to secure rugs from falling on a rug drying rack?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
Currently using metal spring clamps with vinyl tips and they are leaving indents on the rugs. Anybody have a better solution?

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Before my last divorce in 2010 I built a rug cleaning room in the shop in 2001 with a wall mounted staircase style drying rack. I wrapped the five 2" x 10' galvanized pipes with antislip rug pad. They hung in place with a blower on them and never moved. 1 dehu in the 10x15 room would pull down 5 freshly washed rugs overnight. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
I have airmovers and a dehu going and the smaller area rugs usually fall if they aren't secured with something

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Larger rugs should stay in place just by their own weight.

Hang all rugs at an angle rather than straight across the bottom. Use a spring clamp to hold a clean towel at the two low corners. Several benefits to this.

For small rugs that might fall off, use one more spring clamp to hold the two sides together at the bottom.

Jun 25, 2018
Real Name
Nick Brereton
Larger rugs should stay in place just by their own weight.

Hang all rugs at an angle rather than straight across the bottom. Use a spring clamp to hold a clean towel at the two low corners. Several benefits to this.

For small rugs that might fall off, use one more spring clamp to hold the two sides together at the bottom.
So basically just wedge a towel in between the spring clamp and the rug so that it doesn't leave a indent?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
So basically just wedge a towel in between the spring clamp and the rug so that it doesn't leave a indent?
Yes, but this is at the bottom of the rug. The main purpose is that any water left in the rug (which will always carry some soil) goes down into the towel instead of the edge of the rug or the fringes. Stops fringes from turning brown. This also distributes the weight of the wet rug across many wefts instead of concentrating the weight on one weft line which will weaken. Several other benefits as well.

The next hands-on Rug class is San Diego Nov 7th - 9th. Check out the education tab on www.interlinksupply.com