what do you use to remove mold stains from vinyl seats?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Rafa-L

Oct 18, 2008
Wilmington, DE
Real Name
Rafael
Business Location
United States
I need to clean mold stains from four vinyl covered boat seats. What product removes this type of stain without damaging the vinyl? Take a look.....

iPhone photos 501.jpg iPhone photos 502.jpg

Apr 30, 2007
I have used bleach cleaners before and it cleans up pretty easily, just be very careful not to drip it on any surrounding carpet of coarse.

Rafa-L

Oct 18, 2008
Wilmington, DE
Real Name
Rafael
Business Location
United States
bleach cleaners? no fading afterward?

rjfdube

Dec 18, 2008
Pensacola
www.rickiefontenotsjanitorialservices.com
Real Name
Rickie Fontenot
Business Location
United States

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
Hi Rafael,

You would want to be careful with any cleaners with Sodium Hypochlorite, chlorine bleaches, they will degrade the vinyl and can hurt the material they are put together with.

A vapor steamer will work great with this. The problem with Vinyl can be the oils or plasticizers that keep them flexible. I have used the vapor steamers for just such a job and it can do a pretty good job.

Just my thoughts. Hope all is well with you.

SAA

Apr 30, 2007
Well to clarify I was at a boat shop once and they make a vinly cleaner for mold (don't remeber the name) and it has a lot of bleach in it, it was the only product that would remove the stains from the vinly on my dad's boat. Prior to that we tried general purpose cleaners and peroxide based oxidizing cleaners with little success. The bleach product did not hurt the vinly, I think it should be fine to use on an occasional basis, after cleaning it is also good to follow it up with a good vinly conditioner like Armor All or something similar.

Rafa-L

Oct 18, 2008
Wilmington, DE
Real Name
Rafael
Business Location
United States
Daron, Steve, Rickie......thanks for your suggestions. I'll try them one by one.
I've had those ugly stains on them seats for a few years. I hate to look at them each time I go out fishing....boats not that old... 2000 Bass Tracker. I took the cover off one day and wal-la, mold stains.