What Do You Own And Why

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I have only owned slide ins but I've used both. Just like anything else there are pros and cons. If you want easy maintenance and easier set up, direct drives the way to go. Slode ins have more power.

Dream Clean

Oct 3, 2018
Real Name
Emerson Campbell
Direct drive is good for a new van with a warranty. Slide in is great for used vans you plan to go through while your TM still has life in it. My old boss has shuffled one slide in through 3 trucks already.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I have both. I bought a brand new Hydramaster 4.8 CDS in 2018. I use it for commercial, residential and water damage. I don't have any 500' runs on any jobs so the heat, vacuum and functionality are perfect for me.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I think honestly a lot of it comes down to the market you're in and what kind of van you purchase. If you have a lot of suburban residential clients then a nice high top van with a big slide in like an Apex 570 just carries so much presentation value (and is more powerful than a DDS).

If you have a Chevy Express or GMC Savannah type van and need to save space I'd go for a DDS.

I think overall the DDS is a little less maintenance but also more wear and tear on the vehicle.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet