What do you invoices say? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What do you invoices say?

Discussion in 'Business & Management' started by NYCraig, Dec 4, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. NYCraig

NYCraig New Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I use housecallpro for invoices/estimates but this question can be for anyone. I've wanted to upgrade my job descriptions for awhile and am curious what every puts in both fields, the 'service' section and 'description' section.

For 'service', as an example "Tile and Grout Cleaning..." do you put job details here? such as sq ft and what material will be cleaned?

In 'description', do you use this area to describe in detail your cleaning process? Or is this where you put job specific details?

This is what I used on a recent ceramic T&G estimate I sent: 'Our 4 Step Cleaning Process - 1. Pre-clean area 2. Alkaline cleaning agent application (includes use of acid rinse if necessary) 3. Agitation through the use of low speed rotary machine and brushes 4. Rinse using high PSI extractor with pH neutral rinsing agent'. Curious what you guys think.

Thanks!

2. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +26,103 / 58 / -0
    Don’t put down your step by step process, honestly the customer doesn’t care plus using words like “acid” tend to scare customers. All the customer cares about is:

1. Professional service
    2. A job well done
    3. How much $$$

Just list what the service is (carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, etc...), a description of the work to be done, and the price.

1F4C0A44-BA65-4285-BA79-35BE32AD4CC3.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NYCraig

NYCraig New Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Male
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you very much Todd! Wasn't sure if this was a less is more type situation.

Was about to send that estimate out, changing it now!

Last question, do you do anything different when invoicing for residential vs commercial?

4. Todd the Cleaner

Todd the Cleaner Todd Cottino
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Premium VIP

Sep 4, 2011
    Male
    Owner / Operator
    Pahrump, Nevada, United States
    Ratings:
    +26,103 / 58 / -0
    As far as the estimate or invoice, no. A lot of times you end up waiting for payment on commercial. Be sure to discus how you are being paid.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. keep it clean

Premium VIP

Dec 3, 2012
    Male
    carpet cleaning/installation
    Ratings:
    +5,694 / 3 / -0
    Dont put down square footage on their invoice. Just lump it together. For yourself and own record yes write it down on your portion. So next time around you know the size of area but they cant pick your price apart by trying to cut out areas. Saves you from a possible argument.

6. PistolPete

PistolPete Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Male
    Ratings:
    +536 / 0 / -0
    I don't use the same software, but I only put the description of service, IE: Tile & Grout Cleaning, in Notes I add the areas, then the total price.
    I never include area size or price per sq ft.
    This is because I don't want the customer to shop me on price by knowing what the area is, or what my price per sq ft is.
    Usually I'm way higher than the competition. (y)

• Like Like x 1
  7. mike$

mike$ Active Member

May 29, 2014
    California
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7 / -0
    I have:

Cleaning technicians use special equipment tools and techniques to clean a variety of tile.

8. missionjim

missionjim New Member

Monday
    Male
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As others said above, keep it simple. If they have questions, answer them in as much detail as they request but most homeowners don't really care about the process, just that they get the result they wanted, it was safe, and that if there is a problem, you're there to fix it.