What do you do for free on carpet cleaning jobs?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What things or service do you do for free or include? (Shoe covers, throw rugs, throw rugs etc)

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Give the customer spotting bottle and shoe covers

Cleaning includes
-hard floor covering (moving blankets, runner and/or carpet samples
-corner guards and/or hose huggers
-door drape, old style Bane door drape plus Seal A Door if needed
-CRB agitation
-hand tooling along base trim and around all furniture not moved
-grooming
-fans set (sometimes left overnight if appropriate)

Things I do charge for
-moving furniture
-specialty removal (red dye/urine)
-protector
-odor treatment

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I always will offer a complete no commitment or obligation to buy consultation
I will always give for free to a paying customer shoes covers.
I will always give for free plastic lining under area rugs to prevent water going into hardwood floor
I will always give for free plastic liner under upholstery cushions to allow the cleaned cushion a clean area to dry
I will always include at least 1 red spot removal (up to 2 inch diameter) and organic stain removal (up to 2 inch diameter)
I will always offer free deodorant

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Nothing is free. It’s all included in the price. To break it down makes a customer think I’m nickel and dimming them. I’d rather shock them right up front with the price and charge nothing extra. And 100% deliver.
Now that’s not to say I don’t do charity jobs. Just did a large Restraunt for free that had been shut for almost a year and a half. It was may “pay it forward”. I’ll do two or three of theses a year. And I can say that’s more than Walmart gives away.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I'm always trying to add value to the job overall but there seems to be no end. Is there a good check list made? There's a "Take 5" oil change franchise in my town. After every oil change a get a survey emailed with a list of maybe 20 specific questions as to what the employee did or say during the service.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I've stopped giving people "Options"

If I see evidence of pet, I upfront tell them to do the best job I need to apply a deodorizer. If I see a more severe pet situation, it becomes my 3 step pet process as well.

My price has increased steadily by about 20% over the past year. Schedule is staying full, reviews flowing in, I feel happy with what I'm charging and clients still tell me I'm about 50% cheaper than Stanley or ZeroreZ.

Go figure.

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
I've stopped giving people "Options"

If I see evidence of pet, I upfront tell them to do the best job I need to apply a deodorizer. If I see a more severe pet situation, it becomes my 3 step pet process as well.

My price has increased steadily by about 20% over the past year. Schedule is staying full, reviews flowing in, I feel happy with what I'm charging and clients still tell me I'm about 50% cheaper than Stanley or ZeroreZ.

Go figure.

your comparing to the little yellow bus! LOL

• Haha
Reactions: gordon qian

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
For me, every job is different. I give a price range over the phone, then tell them that I "will give them my professional opinion when I see their specific issues".

For instance, on a most jobs, I upcharge for "mechanical pile lifting", but if it's a rat nasty apartment move out for a slumlord landlord (price sensitive client), then I offer a 10% discount for VLM with the CRB. I just blast it with Release-it and peroxide and run the CRB over it.

Makes everybody's day!

I've attached a pic of the above scenario.

Gotta listen to what your clients want, then figure out the best way for you to deliver. After all, you are the expert...
20210528_104230.jpg

Reactions: gordon qian