what do property managers and apartment look for in a carpet cleaner ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

what do property managers and apartment look for in a carpet cleaner ?

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
what do property managers and apartment managers look for in a carpet cleaner ?

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Most apartment complexes are a bunch of whiny babies who are also very cheap. They want perfection but only want to pay $40 a unit for that.

With that being said. Do enough searching and you will find 1 or 3 that will pay a decent rate (usually around half your normal rate )along with extra for red stains,etc. These can be good steady money during the slow season

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Typically ridiculously low prices on every service you offer and they want someone that can be there immediately at a moments notice to fix their lack of management and schedualing and all of this should be offered 7 days a week 24/7.
As a reward for all of the above they are typically as loyal as a pit bull with rabies for it good luck.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
Property managers mean different things to different people.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
What do you mean by this ? Just asking
70% of my work comes from property management companies. Nothing but high end condo buildings and luxury homes. Most multi million dollar homes here are managed by property management companies, you either get in with these companies or you don't work in any of these buildings or homes.

fly720

Mar 16, 2015
Real Name
Frank Gresham
work with some property management companies. So I do understand that.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I don't do apartments but a good chunk of my money comes from property managers that manage rental homes. I'm at one right now in fact. For property managers that give me a high volume of work I give them 10% off my normal residential pricing so the money is pretty good.

What do my property managers look for?

Someone trustworthy.

A quality job.

Able to service the job within a reasonable time.

A reasonable price, not necessarily cheap.

Ease of billing.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I don't do apartments but a good chunk of my money comes from property managers that manage rental homes. I'm at one right now in fact. For property managers that give me a high volume of work I give them 10% off my normal residential pricing so the money is pretty good.

What do my property managers look for?

Someone trustworthy.

A quality job.

Able to service the job within a reasonable time.

A reasonable price, not necessarily cheap.

Ease of billing.
Hey Todd, have you considered cleaning their personal homes or offices for free instead? See, they're not personally saving anything at all by you giving them 10% off, they're billing the owners anyways. I clean their homes for free instead, I just cleaned one for free on Tuesday actually.

Reactions: emeraldclean

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Well a property managers job is to manage costs and we are a cost. So yes price will always be a priority.

Next would be being responsive and moving very quickly.
They dont want to wait for anything.

SRD

Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Don't get me wrong on my above post pretty much all I do is apts and management companies. They do offer year round consistent work but it usually comes with a PITA factor of atleast 10 lol. Apts have been my niche for over 20 years and I've done well with them.

mikkel99

Dec 2, 2013
Real Name
mikkel henderson
well i down want to do apartment but it would help during the low times

Ken H

Sep 20, 2015
Real Name
Ken Huston II
If you don't want to work in this niche then stay out. Some of us have focused building our business with apartments and all that happens is prices get driven down and relationships have to be rebuilt. Like in any niche market.That being said. Come on in, the waters nice and warm.