Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Local Bowling Alley, hosting some hoity toity bowling tournament this year. Learned about it from a friend, went to the owner, he expressed some interest in cleaning.

Gave him a quote, have had difficulty catching up with him since. Everyone says he's hard to pin down, but I got ahold of him, and scheduled a demo for 3 pm today.

I get there, and he's not there. Won't answer his phone. This is apparently par for the course with him.

I could use the job, it's 4k square feet...but DAMMIT! That pissed me off.

What would you guys do? Swallow your pride, and keep after him, or move on to different prospects?

ronman

Jan 18, 2011
Real Name
Ron
Business Location
United States
I would have cleaned a demo area, left, and followed up later.

At least he could see what you can do. Wasted a trip, what the heck, may as well try to salvage something.

Clean a middle finger high sign right in the center of the bowling alley, then double your price to finish the job.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
I tried, but the girls didn't want to do an area for fear it might not be what he wanted.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Forget this D-bag he will probably hire you and then never pay you.

Timothy

Aug 14, 2010
KENTUCKY
Real Name
Timothy Jackson
Business Location
United States
I would make sure you would be getting paid if he is that unreliable to get ahold of.

Classicboss

Jul 30, 2008
Ithaca, New York
www.classiccarpetcareservice.com
Real Name
Dan Langendoerfer
Business Location
United States
Move on bro. Probably a tight wad anyways. I had an account that was on a regular schedule and they had me show up an hour early three times in a row and sit and wait to do the job. I went to that account tonight, same old thing we don't close until 9:30 and then an hour to clean up... I fired them... good bye. sometimes the account is not worth it. move on to greener pastures.

mr.cleansalot

Jun 19, 2011
Reno, Nevada, United States
Real Name
fisher james
Business Location
United States
ya im with everybody else if you have his email send him one saying somthing like when your ready to have the place cleaned call me. and dont give a demo now at least not a free one ya know. he sounds spineless. just send your freands in to trash the carpet!!! im just kidding dont do that

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Hoity Toity Bowling Tournament.... There was the first sign.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
Local Bowling Alley, hosting some hoity toity bowling tournament this year. Learned about it from a friend, went to the owner, he expressed some interest in cleaning.

Gave him a quote, have had difficulty catching up with him since. Everyone says he's hard to pin down, but I got ahold of him, and scheduled a demo for 3 pm today.

I get there, and he's not there. Won't answer his phone. This is apparently par for the course with him.

I could use the job, it's 4k square feet...but DAMMIT! That pissed me off.

What would you guys do? Swallow your pride, and keep after him, or move on to different prospects?

You need to learn more about cognitive dissonance...

To me it is never IF somebody will buy but WHEN!
Started a job tonight from a company we have been calling for 5 years,it is a whopper. Tons of opportunity, all in your head.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
You need to learn more about cognitive dissonance...

To me it is never IF somebody will buy but WHEN!
Started a job tonight from a company we have been calling for 5 years,it is a whopper. Tons of opportunity, all in your head.

I asked 1k for more info about that today. My initial instinct is to keep on after him, but I'll have to figure out later what the hell cognitive dissonance has to do with this.

Tron

Aug 3, 2010
Business Location
United States
Is stay after it, I'd leave him a voicemail and email twice a week for about a month. No response, then just check in once a month.

Win some loose some