What do guys use for doing written estimates and invoice?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
QuickBooks online.

Aug 7, 2017
Adelaide ,SA
Real Name
Michael Widomski
Business Location
Australia
Made my own printed invoices for now as I'm just starting out, simple and reliable. I'll move on to a solution using a tablet pc, eftpos and printer once my business grows.

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Customized 2-part forms from Ryan and QB

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Customized 2-part forms from Ryan and QB
Same with us, The graphics printer company we use, makes our 2 part invoices and for the estimates and smoke fire water estimates I have a copy on my computer to use and just print off or email to custy..

Sep 7, 2017
Real Name
Billy Payawal
Made my own printed invoices for now as I'm just starting out, simple and reliable. I'll move on to a solution using a tablet pc, eftpos and printer once my business grows.
Thank you Michael.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thank you. Sorry new to this business.
Get the QuickBooks Online Simple Start program, it costs $15 per month. You will be thankful come tax time. It's real easy to do up estimates on your phone and email them to your customer. When they book the job you just click "Convert to invoice" and the invoice is instantly created. You can track all your sales and keep track of exactly how much carpet or tile or upholstery or protector or what ever service you offer. QuickBooks is also a good way to keep track of your customer base. You can easily see what work you did for a customer last year and what you charged them.

QuickBooks will also track your expenses. Every time you make a purchase or pay a bill you take 30 seconds to snap a picture of the receipt and enter the expense.

I worked the first 2 years doing everything on paper and at tax time I would spend hours, even days getting everything together and sorted out. Now I take 10 minutes to print up the reports from QuickBooks and hand them to the tax man.

It's well worth the $15 per month.

Sep 7, 2017
Real Name
Billy Payawal
Get the QuickBooks Online Simple Start program, it costs $15 per month. You will be thankful come tax time. It's real easy to do up estimates on your phone and email them to your customer. When they book the job you just click "Convert to invoice" and the invoice is instantly created. You can track all your sales and keep track of exactly how much carpet or tile or upholstery or protector or what ever service you offer.

QuickBooks will also track your expenses. Every time you make a purchase or pay a bill you take 30 seconds to snap a picture of the receipt and enter the expense.

I worked the first 2 years doing everything on paper and at tax time I would spend hours, even days getting everything together and sorted out. Now I take 10 minutes to print up the reports from QuickBooks and hand them to the tax man.

It's well worth the $15 per month.
Todd is there a tutorial on how to use it? Any link that you can share? Thank you sharing your experience and your expertise I really appreciate it. Thank you again.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd is there a tutorial on how to use it? Any link that you can share? Thank you sharing your experience and your expertise I really appreciate it. Thank you again.
Let me see what I can find.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sep 7, 2017
Real Name
Billy Payawal

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear that probably you can call them and probably they can do something to compensate you. But thank you again for making time to help me. I will check it out tonight the link.
If you get it there are tutorials to help you set it up. If you need any help with it just private message me and let me know. You will want to set it up on your laptop or desktop computer and then you can do just about everything on your phone after that.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I wonder if the $5 Self Employed version would be enough...

Thanks for the link!!!
The self employed one doesn't let you send estimates or track your sales. I'd get the simple start one.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
What do guys use for doing written estimates and invoice?
Go paperless, TMF recommends housecall pro for many years now. It’s honestly the best all in 1 app solution and thousands of cleaners use it daily including our own local carpet cleaning business.

You can get up to 30% off for life by using the TMF promo code: www.housecallpro.com/TMF