What do guys use for doing written estimates and invoice? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What do guys use for doing written estimates and invoice?

Michael W

Aug 7, 2017
Adelaide ,SA
Real Name
Michael Widomski
Business Location
Australia
Made my own printed invoices for now as I'm just starting out, simple and reliable. I'll move on to a solution using a tablet pc, eftpos and printer once my business grows.

Reactions: poccc_2480

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
Customized 2-part forms from Ryan and QB

Reactions: poccc_2480

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Thank you. Sorry new to this business.
Get the QuickBooks Online Simple Start program, it costs $15 per month. You will be thankful come tax time. It's real easy to do up estimates on your phone and email them to your customer. When they book the job you just click "Convert to invoice" and the invoice is instantly created. You can track all your sales and keep track of exactly how much carpet or tile or upholstery or protector or what ever service you offer. QuickBooks is also a good way to keep track of your customer base. You can easily see what work you did for a customer last year and what you charged them.

QuickBooks will also track your expenses. Every time you make a purchase or pay a bill you take 30 seconds to snap a picture of the receipt and enter the expense.

I worked the first 2 years doing everything on paper and at tax time I would spend hours, even days getting everything together and sorted out. Now I take 10 minutes to print up the reports from QuickBooks and hand them to the tax man.

It's well worth the $15 per month.

Reactions: J20770

poccc_2480

Sep 7, 2017
Real Name
Billy Payawal
Get the QuickBooks Online Simple Start program, it costs $15 per month. You will be thankful come tax time. It's real easy to do up estimates on your phone and email them to your customer. When they book the job you just click "Convert to invoice" and the invoice is instantly created. You can track all your sales and keep track of exactly how much carpet or tile or upholstery or protector or what ever service you offer.

QuickBooks will also track your expenses. Every time you make a purchase or pay a bill you take 30 seconds to snap a picture of the receipt and enter the expense.

I worked the first 2 years doing everything on paper and at tax time I would spend hours, even days getting everything together and sorted out. Now I take 10 minutes to print up the reports from QuickBooks and hand them to the tax man.

Todd is there a tutorial on how to use it? Any link that you can share? Thank you sharing your experience and your expertise I really appreciate it. Thank you again.

Reactions: Allred

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Todd is there a tutorial on how to use it? Any link that you can share? Thank you sharing your experience and your expertise I really appreciate it. Thank you again.
Let me see what I can find.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Here's a link to the startup page. Click on the simple start tab. It says it's only $10 a month but I've been paying $15 a month for years:mad:.

https://search2.quickbooksonline.com/m/qb-online/?cid=ppc_g_US_Exact_QBO_US_B_QuickBooks-Online-Top-Term_Exact_Tier1_G_S_quickbooks-online_txt&cvosrc=ppc.google.quickbooks online&matchtype=e&adposition=1t1&creative=113707133888&content=&cvo_search=1&mobile=1&X1ID=~uk~&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7NivkKSm1gIVxl9-Ch0aXgMmEAAYASAAEgKYMvD_BwE&s_kwcid=AL!2419!3!113707133888!e!!!!quickbooks online&ef_id=WbNQVAAABXXnJcwc:20170915034818:s

poccc_2480

Sep 7, 2017
Real Name
Billy Payawal
Sorry to hear that probably you can call them and probably they can do something to compensate you. But thank you again for making time to help me. I will check it out tonight the link.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Sorry to hear that probably you can call them and probably they can do something to compensate you. But thank you again for making time to help me. I will check it out tonight the link.
If you get it there are tutorials to help you set it up. If you need any help with it just private message me and let me know. You will want to set it up on your laptop or desktop computer and then you can do just about everything on your phone after that.

Reactions: Nimblybimbly

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I wonder if the $5 Self Employed version would be enough...

Thanks for the link!!!
The self employed one doesn't let you send estimates or track your sales. I'd get the simple start one.

Reactions: Nimblybimbly

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Sep 4, 2007
Real Name
Robert Allen III 'Tre'
Business Location
United States
What do guys use for doing written estimates and invoice?
Go paperless, TMF recommends housecall pro for many years now. It’s honestly the best all in 1 app solution and thousands of cleaners use it daily including our own local carpet cleaning business.

You can get up to 30% off for life by using the TMF promo code: www.housecallpro.com/TMF

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Get the QuickBooks Online Simple Start program, it costs $15 per month. You will be thankful come tax time. It's real easy to do up estimates on your phone and email them to your customer. When they book the job you just click "Convert to invoice" and the invoice is instantly created. You can track all your sales and keep track of exactly how much carpet or tile or upholstery or protector or what ever service you offer. QuickBooks is also a good way to keep track of your customer base. You can easily see what work you did for a customer last year and what you charged them.

Old thread but I’ll try..

After spending time with an accountant to set up my books it seems creating items or price lists to include in estimates so I know my cost would be beneficial. But to me there is so much that varies from job to job; ie. how much spotter did I use, or how much pre spray was used, or how much urine solution.

Is there a decent way you’ve found to track your cost each job in a systemized way?

Hopefully I’m just overthinking it all now and it becomes clear after thinking about it all. Feeling intimidated.