Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Here have a look and see a TM operator with lots of overlapping

I have a truckmount and a portable,

And it does not matter which system I use I will always overlap/multi pass.

I do NOT understand how some guys are able to just do a single pass and think they are actually cleaning. I get paid very good money to actually Clean the carpet so I do what ever passes/overlaps I need to leave that carpet clean. One pass is just not enough, especially on a nasty super soiled carpet.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
My Bentley wand with 10 flow and the mytee 1005dx dual high performance 3 stage vacs in parallel leaves the carpets dry as a TM no doubt. The toilet paper was bone dry when I pressed it against the damped carpet right after the cleaning.

"The toilet paper was bone dry when I pressed it against the damped carpet"
I'd like to see that.

Without the need of air mover or anything right? just press toilet paper right after cleaning.
Need to see to believe

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Ok here is the video that I just took of my wand. I don't have to sell it but want to help if you are in a need situation, so this gives you another option. If you decide to go with this option let me know. These wands are very reliable and we'll built.

I too use the same wand and love it!

I have used the standard AW..something stainless steel
Owned and used a West pak 2 jet
Owned and used a Vietnamese stainless/titanium 6 jet
Own and used the Legends titanium 4 jet

The evolution is still my favorite.....However

The Bonzer is the only other one that I feel competes strong against it

Of course this is my own experience

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
measuring at the wand definitely but the real measurement is what actually gets the job done not just with the best quality/dry times/cleaning but how much time is saved.

I think a lot of guys have never experienced the production times of an aero tech or other really big TM running 16-18flow with very short dry times.
I understand and partially agree but You dont need to have a Aero or Vortex to clean a rat nasty carpet. It will always require time. If the temp is set high then you are not rinsing very well. Yeah its hot and youre giving off steam but instead of the liquid making contact with the surface the water vaporizes so fast that its mostly becoming a gas and some is making contact but Rinsing is what will clean the carpet not steaming it.

There are some downsides for having an Aero or Vortex
1. Cant and wont fit everywhere.
2.Some streets cannot handle the traffic blocking (bay area has some narrow streets)

Don't get me wrong I love the Aero and Vortex, Owning one will make it difficult to operate for me in my service area

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
"The toilet paper was bone dry when I pressed it against the damped carpet"
I'd like to see that.

Without the need of air mover or anything right? just press toilet paper right after cleaning.
Need to see to believe
I don't carry any air movers with me because I don't have space in my mom's van (Dodge Caravan) :). No air movers, just mytee 1005dx and the mytee bentley wand with 25ft. Do I get the same results at 75-100ft? Yes very similar. Also want to point out that I have a custom made glide that makes the wand glide easy on those thick nylon and dries the carpets better.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I understand and partially agree but You dont need to have a Aero or Vortex to clean a rat nasty carpet. It will always require time. If the temp is set high then you are not rinsing very well. Yeah its hot and youre giving off steam but instead of the liquid making contact with the surface the water vaporizes so fast that its mostly becoming a gas and some is making contact but Rinsing is what will clean the carpet not steaming it.
Good point never thought about it this way. Learned something new.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Not to play dumb, why wouldn’t people overlap? It’s the only effective way I found. I think sometimes people are just so concerned about rushing. “Big power machine” they think, so no more need for a good technique. It’s like alls they can think of is getting out of the job even a min early is success. I pray I never become that much of a clock watcher. My heart doesn’t need the stress. Id raise prices before rushing and doing the job right.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Completely Agreed
Fedri,
Nice job man!!! Is that mytee a 2 inch intake?? It looks like it in the video. Carpet looks great. Yea, I make enough passes until I cannot see it getting any cleaner. Call it what you want. Yes its multiple passes.
You can only go as fast as the carpet will come clean. I'm getting faster all the time. But I want to get faster with my cleaning not suffering at all.
If you need your wand fedri keep it! Thank you for the offer. I am still looking around anyways.
I like the mytee 8300. Looks nice and e a bit heavier so there's not as much chatter.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri,
Nice job man!!! Is that mytee a 2 inch intake?? It looks like it in the video. Carpet looks great. Yea, I make enough passes until I cannot see it getting any cleaner. Call it what you want. Yes its multiple passes.
You can only go as fast as the carpet will come clean. I'm getting faster all the time. But I want to get faster with my cleaning not suffering at all.
If you need your wand fedri keep it! Thank you for the offer. I am still looking around anyways.
I like the mytee 8300. Looks nice and e a bit heavier so there's not as much chatter.
Yes it's 2 inche port. For home use I leave the machine in the van and the 2 inche port with dual vacs in parallel(more cfm) will give me a great performance with long hose runs.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Fedri the pmf upholstery tool is really nice. That sight glass window really tells you when its clean and all the water is sucked out. I love it! I put a swivel on it and it makes it so.much easier. I can run 200 psi through this thing and indent have water flying all over the place!!

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I still can’t decide which wand to choose! Every time I save up for a nice one something big happens. Here’s a warning. If you advertise on Facebook be careful with your “budget” picks. I accidently choose $13,500 a day and wondered why in two days I was broke! What a fiasco!

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I don't carry any air movers with me because I don't have space in my mom's van (Dodge Caravan) :). No air movers, just mytee 1005dx and the mytee bentley wand with 25ft. Do I get the same results at 75-100ft? Yes very similar. Also want to point out that I have a custom made glide that makes the wand glide easy on those thick nylon and dries the carpets better.
Cool!.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Fedri the pmf upholstery tool is really nice. That sight glass window really tells you when its clean and all the water is sucked out. I love it! I put a swivel on it and it makes it so.much easier. I can run 200 psi through this thing and indent have water flying all over the place!!
Yes that's great, I think that wand is the next best thing after the as upholstery tool and the rotovac shear dry etc. I still have it in my van as well as a backup tool for staircase.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I still can’t decide which wand to choose! Every time I save up for a nice one something big happens. Here’s a warning. If you advertise on Facebook be careful with your “budget” picks. I accidently choose $13,500 a day and wondered why in two days I was broke! What a fiasco!
Wow that sounds Scarry 13k wipe out.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Can I switch the wiring around on my edic to get more cfm if I feel its needed? Apparently Edic says the way it is with 190" lift is plenty.
And it does seem to be! With a 12" wand I'm betting it's going to be even better dry times.
Problem is I have never experienced a more.powerful machine.....

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Today I help a dang pro wand with swivel and titanium tube. Nice!!! 1100.00!!!! All CNC machined. Very nice.
Then I held a 160.00 wand with 3 jets. Head just under 12" in width.
Also, the head was shaped similar to the mytee 8300 but not cast. All welded together at different angles.
The owner told.me I would see 20-30 percent increase in suction over what I have now.
A 20-30 percent increase for 160.00???? Sounda like a great upgrade to me.
Any thoughts???

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Today I help a dang pro wand with swivel and titanium tube. Nice!!! 1100.00!!!! All CNC machined. Very nice.
Then I held a 160.00 wand with 3 jets. Head just under 12" in width.
Also, the head was shaped similar to the mytee 8300 but not cast. All welded together at different angles.
The owner told.me I would see 20-30 percent increase in suction over what I have now.
A 20-30 percent increase for 160.00???? Sounda like a great upgrade to me.
Any thoughts???
Keep me posted if you do buy the 3 jet. I’m still leaning towards the Wanders TI from Joe. I haven’t seen anything close for $600
Sent them a message, got a quick polite reply back. Next week I go back to San Diego for carpet class with the Cobra. So between class, rental car, hotel....I may have to hold out a bit.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall

There are some downsides for having an Aero or Vortex
1. Cant and wont fit everywhere.
2.Some streets cannot handle the traffic blocking (bay area has some narrow streets)

Don't get me wrong I love the Aero and Vortex, Owning one will make it difficult to operate for me in my service area
definitely didnt mean you need an Aerotech but... when your cleaning at 18 flow and your machine can recover that flow of water easily you would be very surprised at how well it cleans.

its not about water temps once your around 220 or so.. 220 is plenty to vaporize tough stains.

Think about it in terms of a wash pit for area rugs, they are able to use high volume of water to completely flush the rug and backing... 18 flow is not the same but there is a HUGE difference between 18 and 3-4 flow from a porty. Even the difference from 4 to 10 flow is drastic as long as your heater/blower can keep up.

technically you can get the job done with a $100 floor buffer and a rigid shop vac but this business is all about presentation, putting on a big show for the customer, and efficiency/production times. I can clean the shit out of a carpet with a bissell and RSF spiked but it takes forever and I will look like a scrub in front of the customer lol

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Keep me posted if you do buy the 3 jet. I’m still leaning towards the Wanders TI from Joe. I haven’t seen anything close for $600
Sent them a message, got a quick polite reply back. Next week I go back to San Diego for carpet class with the Cobra. So between class, rental car, hotel....I may have to hold out a bit.
Az,
You have any pics of that wand? The dang pro has great flow because they bypass all the turbulence up inside the head. The air inlet tube is way down at the bottom of the head.
It certainly felt like a whole different animal compared to the cheapo wand I'm looking at. You cannot really get under much with it, as the head sets up so high. The dang pro on the other hand is very low profile and the swivel is really cool. Almost like turning the front tires on a car to go left or right!! Nice!
And it all machines really nice too. But man, 1100.00??? And what if it gets stolen??? I would be afraid to leave it anywhere....

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Az,
You have any pics of that wand? The dang pro has great flow because they bypass all the turbulence up inside the head. The air inlet tube is way down at the bottom of the head.
It certainly felt like a whole different animal compared to the cheapo wand I'm looking at. You cannot really get under much with it, as the head sets up so high. The dang pro on the other hand is very low profile and the swivel is really cool. Almost like turning the front tires on a car to go left or right!! Nice!
And it all machines really nice too. But man, 1100.00??? And what if it gets stolen??? I would be afraid to leave it anywhere....
$600

Attachments