What causes the dark spots on concrete after pressure wash? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

What causes the dark spots on concrete after pressure wash?

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Agreed. The skim coat or cream coat looks to have peeled right off. Judging by the shape and placement of the big area, is it possible that something like transmission fluid or engine oil soaked in and took a lot of extra blasting to remove?

Skim coats can be fairly easily touched up and "healed" by a practical do-it-yourselfer; even I've managed to re-coat the concrete where my rolling bins are parked and along my walkway.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
The shell may have already been loose. Like a scaling (spalling). You can check for this by sound. You can drag a chain over it and listen you will hear a hallow sound where it may be loose. Heres a pic of a home made
This happens for many reasons. Most are from the finishing of the concrete to possible rain on fresh cement and even rock salt in winter.

Reactions: Scott W

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
These people have their outdoor concrete surfaces pressure washed at least once per year and sometimes two times. I told them that it might be time to start thinking about having the concrete resurfaced. It is a lot of it. Will be costly but the aggregate is showing in places and it is the same in their second driveway.

longkenn

May 7, 2011
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
www.sunbreezeclean.com
Real Name
Kenneth Long
Business Location
United States
Agreed. The skim coat or cream coat looks to have peeled right off. Judging by the shape and placement of the big area, is it possible that something like transmission fluid or engine oil soaked in and took a lot of extra blasting to remove?

Skim coats can be fairly easily touched up and "healed" by a practical do-it-yourselfer; even I've managed to re-coat the concrete where my rolling bins are parked and along my walkway.
Any suggestions on what product to use?

I have looked at Sakrete, Quikrete, and Henry 625 Concrete Resurfacer.

PWJack

Dec 27, 2017
Real Name
Jack Nolan
These people have their outdoor concrete surfaces pressure washed at least once per year and sometimes two times. I told them that it might be time to start thinking about having the concrete resurfaced. It is a lot of it. Will be costly but the aggregate is showing in places and it is the same in their second driveway.
What PSI have they used to pressure wash it? Perhaps a lower pressure for ongoing cleaning once the concrete is replaced is a more viable solution?

steve rock

Jan 29, 2020
Real Name
Steve watson
It’s not easy as you all know to get rid of dark spots quickly but you’re not that far away from getting rid of dark spots from your skin. No one will ever let you know the dark side of today’s online products. you can get rid of them. We are all here to help each other in a best way to create a healthy lifestyle and helpful society. Everybody nowadays claiming that they are suffering from dark spots.

As my and my family members experienced going very well with deppatch, with real ingredients in products and not expensive as well, affordable prices, my family had many problems regarding skin, got worried when skin problems getting weird day by day. Now, Dark Spot Correcting Natural+ Anti Aging Cream really changing lives with getting rid of dark spots in less time than other cream takes.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
It’s not easy as you all know to get rid of dark spots quickly but you’re not that far away from getting rid of dark spots from your skin. No one will ever let you know the dark side of today’s online products. you can get rid of them. We are all here to help each other in a best way to create a healthy lifestyle and helpful society. Everybody nowadays claiming that they are suffering from dark spots.

As my and my family members experienced going very well with deppatch, with real ingredients in products and not expensive as well, affordable prices, my family had many problems regarding skin, got worried when skin problems getting weird day by day. Now, Dark Spot Correcting Natural+ Anti Aging Cream really changing lives with getting rid of dark spots in less time than other cream takes.
You know its even easier to remove dark spots if you learn to use toilet paper correctly after gorging yourself on Spam.