What can you tell me about this vintage porty??

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
May 20, 2017
Real Name
Greg Kirchner
01592488-81BA-4C1F-A12F-07ED8DFD2CDB.png

I gotta take it with a cheap 175 I’m buying. Don’t know anything about it besides it works. Think Rob might want it for his museum???

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Holy Cow! I used one of those for years when I worked at Coit. Thank God we only had to use it on highrise jobs and other non-truckmount accessable jobs.

I believe it had a 5 gallon fresh and 3 gallon recovery tank. You actually have a bucket that sits in the recovery tank that you lift out to dump. If it has the original pump it’s a 60 psi pump. I’d look into upgrading it to a 200 psi pump.

It will Clean carpet but it’s painstakingly slow. Keep the hose run under 25 feet.

May 20, 2017
Real Name
Greg Kirchner
I’m not looking to use it at all, it’s just part of a package deal. Lol. I just couldn’t find any info on it at all!

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
That was the first carpet cleaning machine I ever used.:eek: That might actually be the very machine I used back in the late 70's and a good part of the 80's from the looks of it! I used one just like it to maintain the carpet in a 5 story medical building for about 6 years. It worked pretty well with the drag wand that they had with it. It did have a 60 psi pump like @Todd the Cleaner said. Get ready for the bucket brigade if you ever decide to use it! It will work as low volume extractor. Probably do well on upholstery too or auto work with the right tools and chems. It wasn't a bad little machine, but not suited for doing trashed carpets or large volume carpet cleaning. I probably wouldn't be a carpet cleaner today if not for the experience with that machine. Not sure if I should thank them or not for that! :)

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I’m not looking to use it at all, it’s just part of a package deal. Lol. I just couldn’t find any info on it at all!
I believe the Mr. Steam was made somewhere in California if I remember correctly. The one I used was in NW Indiana very near Chicago. Ours did have a nice little drag wand with it and they used their own proprietary chemicals that came in pouches. I used it to maintain a lot of commercial carpet in that medical building for several years. With the drag wand I got pretty good production rates out of that little thing. There were usually 2 of us working so my helper would take the dirty water and keep clean water available for refill. Having a regular 5 gallon bucket inside was kind of unique. Just dump the dirty water and put it back in there. The hose would be stored in the clean water bucket at the end of shift.

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
shows how old it is and how old Todd is :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I bet Todd would probably have been just a kid when they started making those machines! :DI was about 22 or 23 when I started using one and I don't know how long they had already been around before that. I'll be 62 in a few months.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I bet Todd would probably have been just a kid when they started making those machines! :DI was about 22 or 23 when I started using one and I don't know how long they had already been around before that. I'll be 62 in a few months.
Yup, you have 15 years on me. I’ll be 47 next week.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
S the 175 pf the same vintage?

Top Bottom